Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Glaschu

Investors cop flak as 'parasites'

7 posts in this topic

Gee willikers isn't it getting interesting.

Havent logged in for a while but still getting my daily dose of SS. In the process of moving back to Aus, what a time to find a job, hopefully I'm a few months early... :blink:

Noticed this hasnt been posted yet...

November 23, 2010 - 12:52PM

Rising property prices and worsening housing affordability isn’t just fuelling talk of a bubble. Investors are increasingly coming under fire as “parasites” who are destroying the Great Australian dream.

Talking property really brings out the nasty in some people.

About a fortnight ago, I wrote a blog post on some of the potential benefits of investing in cheaper properties (particularly in regional areas), rather than chasing pricier stock in the capital cities.

The story attracted about a dozen comments.

Some took issue with the real-life applicability of the yield and capital growth data; others the apparent hazards of a renting in low socio-economic areas.

There was even a little ditty foretelling Australia’s impending property collapse, set to the tune of Dolly Parton’s “9 to 5” (or is it Sheena Easton?).

But what really caught my attention was this:

Oh great! So now that parasitic investors have eroded affordability in inner city areas, its time to export this cancer to more affordable regions?

Investors as parasites. Investors as cancer. Bombastic stuff.

But it’s only one comment, right? Wrong.

This notion of investors as some kind of parasite/disease on Australian society appears again and again in comments on stories about the property market.

Run a few Google searches to check out just how often these kinds of statements come up.

But here are a few samples from some recent stories run by Fairfax (edited for space):

The tax subsidised negative gearer parasites are close to the worst form of humanity - gaining from others disadvantage and then compounding their won position at the ever increasing expense of others. ….The parasites in removing the option of a home to the genuine home owner then has the vile cheek to offer that same person a rental proposition. Apparently by bludging off the tax system and being supported by everyone else and by being allowed to create scarcity these egregious greedy twits then play Father Christmas (or at least thats what they believe)

The amount of damage that this bubble has already caused to young people deserves jail sentences and massive compensation. This bubble pricking will only hurt idiots who borrowed too much and parasitic scum who are sucking the life out of the workers.

Cont....

Link http://theage.domain...1123-184uy.html

Gee willikers isn't it getting interesting.

Havent logged in for a while but still getting my daily dose of SS. In the process of moving back to Aus, what a time to find a job, hopefully I'm a few months early... :blink:

Noticed this hasnt been posted yet...

November 23, 2010 - 12:52PM

Rising property prices and worsening housing affordability isn’t just fuelling talk of a bubble. Investors are increasingly coming under fire as “parasites” who are destroying the Great Australian dream.

Talking property really brings out the nasty in some people.

About a fortnight ago, I wrote a blog post on some of the potential benefits of investing in cheaper properties (particularly in regional areas), rather than chasing pricier stock in the capital cities.

Advertisement: Story continues below

The story attracted about a dozen comments.

Some took issue with the real-life applicability of the yield and capital growth data; others the apparent hazards of a renting in low socio-economic areas.

There was even a little ditty foretelling Australia’s impending property collapse, set to the tune of Dolly Parton’s “9 to 5” (or is it Sheena Easton?).

But what really caught my attention was this:

Oh great! So now that parasitic investors have eroded affordability in inner city areas, its time to export this cancer to more affordable regions?

Investors as parasites. Investors as cancer. Bombastic stuff.

But it’s only one comment, right? Wrong.

This notion of investors as some kind of parasite/disease on Australian society appears again and again in comments on stories about the property market.

Run a few Google searches to check out just how often these kinds of statements come up.

But here are a few samples from some recent stories run by Fairfax (edited for space):

The tax subsidised negative gearer parasites are close to the worst form of humanity - gaining from others disadvantage and then compounding their won position at the ever increasing expense of others. ….The parasites in removing the option of a home to the genuine home owner then has the vile cheek to offer that same person a rental proposition. Apparently by bludging off the tax system and being supported by everyone else and by being allowed to create scarcity these egregious greedy twits then play Father Christmas (or at least thats what they believe)

The amount of damage that this bubble has already caused to young people deserves jail sentences and massive compensation. This bubble pricking will only hurt idiots who borrowed too much and parasitic scum who are sucking the life out of the workers.

Why do property owners think that the sole motivator for the RBA is to protect them from interest rate increases? Dream on and suffer the consequences. You are not financial geniuses. The bulk of you are sociopathic parasitic leeches.

Cont....

Link http://theage.domain...1123-184uy.html

There has been so much bubble burst, property price drops etc media lately. imo it's an effort to get stimulus II enacted by the powers that be. media don't do investigative journalism - they just copy press releases and perhaps make a couple of phone calls. tptb must be running overtime on press releases.

Its exported Australia wide.

eg.

Alice Springs (0870) Median $430k

Kowanyama (4871) Median $285K

Its exported Australia wide.

eg.

Alice Springs (0870) Median $430k

Kowanyama (4871) Median $285K

Agreed. Cant remember where I saw the quote "we pay to live, what went wrong" but it does seem pretty silly to go into massive debt or any debt for that matter for the sake of having a place to live and maybe grow some food. It's not like it had a price tag when we came down from the trees... Human nature, greed, power etc etc I know, it's just a shame we cant look after each other a bit better. At the end of they day it causes pain and anxiety for the majority not to mention it's pretty unproductive in the big scheme of things. Bring on the renaissance.

Agreed. Cant remember where I saw the quote "we pay to live, what went wrong" but it does seem pretty silly to go into massive debt or any debt for that matter for the sake of having a place to live and maybe grow some food. It's not like it had a price tag when we came down from the trees... Human nature, greed, power etc etc I know, it's just a shame we cant look after each other a bit better. At the end of they day it causes pain and anxiety for the majority not to mention it's pretty unproductive in the big scheme of things. Bring on the renaissance.

Nicely put Glaschu !