zaph

Zaph's real estate adventures

298 posts in this topic

New listing #12

3 bed, 2 car, 1 bath. 468k. looks small. overpriced.

dropped a massive 8k, now 460k neg.

Some more dodgy copy...

-MORE CAR PARK SPACE ON DOOR.

must be a big door.

as it has a business permit from the land court.

I didn't know the land court hands out business permits.

New listing #13

This place has been renovating, or at least from the outside. They've rendered the place and built a new concrete and wood front fence. It seems like quite a good job. There's a couple of trailer loads of rubbish in the front yard.

There's an A3 sales board out the front. Three days on and not listed on re.com.au or domain. The real estate agent's website has been down for three days. Never heard of the agency.

dropped a massive 8k, now 460k neg.

#12 now listed as "offers invited"

A week on and #13 isn't listed online and dodgy agents website is still down!

new listing number 9

500k+. 4 bed, 2 bath, 2 car(port) with roller door, 2 living areas. next to a small park.

only pics of outside and lounge room, so suspect kitchen and bathrooms are unrenovated. Well presented from the couple of pics.

last sold 2/2008 for 500k.

Sold for 501.5k. $1500 'profit' over 4.5 years!

Sold for 501.5k. $1500 'profit' over 4.5 years!

Why they did wrong is that they didn't spend enough on the house 4.5 years ago. If they bought for $1m, they would have made $3k profit!

Seriously, though, thanks Zaph for making the effort to follow up on these lots and keeping us updated. Keeps chipping away at the always-goes-up mantra...

Why they did wrong is that they didn't spend enough on the house 4.5 years ago. If they bought for $1m, they would have made $3k profit!

Seriously, though, thanks Zaph for making the effort to follow up on these lots and keeping us updated. Keeps chipping away at the always-goes-up mantra...

+1

thumbsup.gif

New listing #13

This place has been renovating, or at least from the outside. They've rendered the place and built a new concrete and wood front fence. It seems like quite a good job. There's a couple of trailer loads of rubbish in the front yard.

There's an A3 sales board out the front. Three days on and not listed on re.com.au or domain. The real estate agent's website has been down for three days. Never heard of the agency.

Nearly three weeks on and this place is still not listed online and companies website is still down. Surely, even a REA couldn't be this incompetent?

Nearly three weeks on and this place is still not listed online and companies website is still down. Surely, even a REA couldn't be this incompetent?

I dare you to call the number on the A3 ad!

#4 is now listed again at 429K, negotiable.

(originally listed about a year ago for 460k, reduced to 430k. taken off market in the middle of this year)

sold for $413.8k

property #10 just listed.

3 bed, 1 bath, 1 garage, 1 carport. well presented. renovated ~10 years ago - not ugly but not ultra new looking.

offers from 419k. interestingly listed with an agent from the other side of town.

no movement on any of the other properties.

sold for 430k

last sold in 2001 for 165k

I dare you to call the number on the A3 ad!

I'm not going to help them.

A month on and still not listed and the REA website still down.

This morning I noticed the sales sign also now has 'for rent' sticker on it.

It's not in my state, let alone my area, but I didn't think it needed it's own thread.

Check out this gem. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-12-13/real-estate-ad-turns-up-a-real-dope/4425220

Too Horrible!

Don't look! Avert your eyes before the horror burns holes in your retina's.

You have been warned.

Bring your vomit bucket. Wear your safety goggles. Call in the CSI crew.

Prepare to burn your clothes and take a detox shower. This is not a B grade movie. This is an A grade dump!

Cut your nails so you don't scratch out your eyes when you make yourself take a peek.

Be there when the priest sprinkles round the holy water and you will possess the property.

Banish the banshees and pick up a screamer of a deal.

As a renter I would avoid such places like the plague.

As a renter I would avoid such places like the plague.

If you could get a 2 yr tern it might be alright,

I have a mate that has negotiated one years rent to leave on two leases.

If you could get a 2 yr tern it might be alright,

I have a mate that has negotiated one years rent to leave on two leases.

What... are they paying him to leave before the lease is up?

I'm not going to help them.

A month on and still not listed and the REA website still down.

The next sticker will read "Help!" :P

What... are they paying him to leave before the lease is up?

Yes.

The one year was an exaggeration. But from memory it was a little over 10k in one case and a little under 10k in another. The LL has paid him out so that they could provide vacant possession, which the buyers demanded. This is a relatively small island community so may not be the norm.

Unless I only had a couple of months to run on the lease I would want more than "moving costs" as compensation.

Unless I only had a couple of months to run on the lease I would want more than "moving costs" as compensation.

I had the same thing happen in Melb in 2004 or 05. Signed a 2yr lease and after 2 months the owners sent an agent around to negotiate for us to move out so they could sell. I sat down with the agent and said that as well as moving costs something for the inconvenience would be needed and that one months rent was clearly nowhere near enough. After a few weeks and a few more visits he came back with 1.5k for moving and reconnections plus another 4.5k (total 6k). We ended up getting entire rent and moving costs back so it was finacially OK, but it was a pain to move from a place it had taken us months to chose.

The owners came with the agent for the second meeting and had a story about why they were selling and how they couldn't really afford to compensate us from their 500k sale. They didn't seem to understand that everyone has a story and they had never asked or considered our sob story. The agent wisely kept them away after that and negotiated a quick move with us and sold the place before auction.

New listing #11

480k +. 3 bed, 2 bath, 2 car.

one bathroom and kitchen renovated 5-10 years ago. other bathroom original 70's. large rooms. way overpriced, should be more like 420k.

What's a 'crisp' ensuite?

Sold very quickly for $490k!

edit - this place sold a few days before the FHOG for established ended in QLD. The new owners paid 30-60k extra to get their free 7k!

Edited by zaph

Summary of outstanding:

#5 The on again off again listing that sold last year. Still waiting for on the house for sales price

#7 The stoner rental house. Listed in August for $440k. Still listed, no change in price

#12 Listed October, 468k, then 460k, then offers invited. Was vacant when listed. Disappeared from online listings before xmas, sales board remains. Someone is now living there.

#13 Never listed on re.com.au or domain, just the crappy board out the front (Nov) that changed from sale to rental and sale, now just rental. After nearly two months of the agents website being down it's back up - although the sales section links to a dead re.com.au page. I've now discovered it listed on on the house. Sale 5/12 - $495k, 10/12 contact for price. 31/12 for rent $420pw.

You will certainly fall in love with it when you look at it from two streets back.

Or if you rub lemon juice in your eyes. I think she's trying to say it's only two streets away from amenities.

-Price: $660 000

-Rent: $5,200 per month<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 11.666666030883789px; line-height: 16.999998092651367px; background-color: rgb(227, 227, 227);">-Return - 90%

Not according to my calculator

Investment can be a big fortune!!

I guess it can be?

2 separate tities (can be purchased separately)

I don't know a lot about titties, but i'm pretty sure they normally come in pairs.

I don't know a lot about titties, but i'm pretty sure they normally come in pairs.

Ahhh you've not been to "The Gentleman in Hard Times" evening club then.

Ahhh you've not been to "The Gentleman in Hard Times" evening club then.

I'll have to think long and hard about that one... Pun intended...