Max Carnage

News: Confidence returns to [Gold Coast] real estate market

8 posts in this topic

"The Gold Coast outlook is as sparkling as champagne" providing vendors recognise that "the sum attainable a mere three years ago now may be just a dream".

Talk about gold-plating a turd...

Confidence returns to real estate market

Barbara Dyer | September 16th, 2010

IF confidence in a market is enough to keep it buoyant, then the Gold Coast outlook is as sparkling as champagne.

Real estate agents are positive; researchers are putting a Gold Coast lining on the global cloud; banks are coming to the party keeping interest rates on hold and non-bank lenders are falling over themselves to offer cheaper products which appeal to the first-home buyers who may have missed the bonus boat.

And while sellers in a shy market beg: 'show me the money', the solution and a sale is in their hands.

Take the advice from the experts: meet the market.

Just as in times of fat when sellers were happy to boost their asking price and values by thousands a week a situation which saw prices double in the years from 2000 to 2004 sellers now need to recognise that bandwagon has passed them by.

If they are genuine about selling in today's market, they need to meet that market.

While the sum attainable a mere three years ago now may be just a dream, only a minority of vendors will need to sell their property for less than they paid.

More: http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2010/09/16/255795_gold-coast-real-estate.html

...Talk about gold-plating a turd...

Any journalist that has done a modicum of research will see that unemployment increased after the crashes in the other places. Half a brain would therefore probably follow this chain of thoughts:

1. Journalism is under pressure

2. If unemployment rises I stand a high chance of losing my job

3. A stagnation might avoid that

4. People get their thoughts from media

5. If I tell people to meet the market they might not panic and I might keep my job

6. How do I convince them not to panic? Ahhhh tell them they can sell for a little bit lower than they wanted and hope they don't understand what inflation and transfer costs has done to their money

sparkling as champagne.

Gold Coast lining on the global cloud.

coming to the party

falling over themselves

missed the bonus boat.

'show me the money'

meet the market.

in times of fat

that bandwagon has passed them by.

just a dream

'The price is right';

'Opportunity on the horizon';

'Warming up for a hot spring';

'Gold Coasters can look on the bright side'.Mexicans

not 'entirely out of the woods'. reap the rewards

does anyone else find the massive amount of data and statistics in this article confusing?

does anyone else find the massive amount of data and statistics in this article confusing?

Its all just so poetic.

Justice perhaps.

Its all just so poetic.

Justice perhaps.

i've always known what happens when one 'misses' the opportunity to purchase - missing the boat. the article educated about what happens one 'misses' the opportunity to sell - the bandwagon has passed them by.

"The Gold Coast outlook is as sparkling as champagne" providing vendors recognise that...

...its a flute of fridged, carbonated dog piss. Looks like Champagne, tastes like...