RumpledElf

Introductions thread

130 posts in this topic

Well thank ye kindly :-)

For some reason I was tickled by the fact that apparently (although I think a lot of this personality type stuff is bollocks) only 1% of the population are INFJ, and I found that out at around the same time as the Occupy 'movement' started.

(Reminds self to check whether there's an Occupy thread on here to browse through).

Tor, my Fid was a comparison of Aus and NZ foreign policy focussing on two case studies of the Bougainville and Solomon Islands. *shrugs* - floated my boat anyway!

Forgot to add to my uber-brief bio that I'm a Kiwi by birth.

(Reminds self to check whether there's an Occupy thread on here to browse through).

I think most of us are old and nerds and regard the Occupy thing as a bit of "too cool for school kids wanking in public" (as kids always have done and I certainly did) and are somewhat bemused by the idea that it is important. I could be wrong though, maybe others don't share my synopsis of their views. Certainly it doesn't seem to have been treated as a serious thing around here I don't think.

Tor, my Fid was a comparison of Aus and NZ foreign policy focussing on two case studies of the Bougainville and Solomon Islands. *shrugs* - floated my boat anyway!

Sounds thrilling :) I would offer you a wine and say "go on" but I shan't.

W00t another one of us adding value to this brown land! Are we at a 50/50 ratio yet? must be close... Anders, me, S3K, staring, ruffian, urchin, turkey I think are all job stealers. Those that aren't are probably involved with job stealers, RE's hubby certainly has the look of some kind of northerner.

Well thank ye kindly :-)

For some reason I was tickled by the fact that apparently (although I think a lot of this personality type stuff is bollocks) only 1% of the population are INFJ, and I found that out at around the same time as the Occupy 'movement' started.

Welcome to the forum GG. INFJ eh? I'm already wary of your psychic powers ^_^

I sympathise with the occupy guys. But they need a common cause. A loose coalition of disparate causes won't cut it.

We had to intervene militarily in both Bougainville and the Solomons. Did we do any good in either case? (Honest question) I'd like to know your view if there is any path that can be taken which actually 'works'?

INFJ - I'm the 1% apparently :-) and a virgo which means its a wonder I have any friends.

Ok, some details - I'm 31, female, a PhD, work for a University, interested in all things social policy but I think there's a frustrated artist somewhere inside who craves beauty in everything.

Hi GG.

Welcome to RE's forum.

I see the important people have welcomed you first.

I stop by occasionally, to get my fix of intelligent commentary on various aspects of the economy, and life in general.

There are some extremely talented and, if their posts are any indication, very cluey guys and gals here.

(I just try to make sense of it all)

I hope you find this a place where you can continue your education, and help us with ours.

Thanks for your contributions so far.

Please enjoy your time here.

This is the introductions thread.

Maybe you guys would like to put this in a new thread.

Seems like an interesting topic.

The success rate of Peace plans", perhaps.

This is the introductions thread.

Maybe you guys would like to put this in a new thread.

Seems like an interesting topic.

The success rate of Peace plans", perhaps.

Sorrrrrrrrry... I'm not very good at this staying on topic Buso. In fact, maybe now's the time to confess that I've only ever been a member of one forum, and was kicked out after receiving too many warnings for allegedly picking fights with members? I was unfairly victimised (grin), but now that the worst of my PTSD has passed, I'm dipping my toe into having another go at a virtual presence...

W00t another one of us adding value to this brown land! Are we at a 50/50 ratio yet? must be close... Anders, me, S3K, staring, ruffian, urchin, turkey I think are all job stealers.

I consider myself part of the 1%. That would automatically make me a job creator not job stealer. I don't think I created one yet but not for the lack of trying. It just goes to show how hard it is to be a 1%er.

I consider myself part of the 1%. That would automatically make me a job creator not job stealer. I don't think I created one yet but not for the lack of trying. It just goes to show how hard it is to be a 1%er.

I think the occupy people said you have to earn 300K / yr to be in the 1% as well. So I guess you are a job stealer :)

I have seen calculations where the cut-off wasn't as big as $300K/year. I hope I am at least borderline. It's good to have one foot in each camp. One can't lose. Ich bin ein Wendehals.

Edited by sydney3000

I'm part of the 99% that thinks that they are part of the 1%.

I suspect I am one of the 1% that thinks they are part of the 99%.

When the rioters come over I am probably more likely to buy them a round than sic the dogs on them :)

I suspect I am one of the 1% that thinks they are part of the 99%.

When the rioters come over I am probably more likely to buy them a round than sic the dogs on them :)

Keep a cold one for me then! :wine: *

*WTF, where is the beer icon?!

Ms clown and I aren't even in the 5% so after I've served the rioters some duck confit, I plan to tell them about the free grog available at tors place. :)

Hello everyone.

Just booting this topic to enquire about Cobran.

Anyone know if he/she is alright?

Its not like him to go absent without letting us know.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I also rely on him to post the articles. I know I took his longevity for granted, and I shouldn't have.

Come back Cobran. We miss you!! Even tor - doesn't have anyone to argue with any more.

2 hours ago, Solomon said:

Even tor - doesn't have anyone to argue with any more.

I know! The wife is getting worried. If I don't have cobran to argue with it is sure to spill out somewhere in the real world. Plus she doesn't know what will happen when she buys me the little bottles of scotch which means I get less scotch!

It hasn't mattered much for the past fortnight as I have been training and testing to get my sensei level in one martial art (I got it, I am f*cking stoked) but I have nothing much planned of high stress for the next few months and will need someone to rant at.

It is school hols. I'll organise a search party in the morning.

23 hours ago, tor said:

I know! The wife is getting worried. If I don't have cobran to argue with it is sure to spill out somewhere in the real world. Plus she doesn't know what will happen when she buys me the little bottles of scotch which means I get less scotch!

It hasn't mattered much for the past fortnight as I have been training and testing to get my sensei level in one martial art (I got it, I am f*cking stoked) but I have nothing much planned of high stress for the next few months and will need someone to rant at.

Congrats on becoming a sensei! When can we expect you to open your dojo? 

2 hours ago, staringclown said:

Congrats on becoming a sensei! When can we expect you to open your dojo? 

I have extravagant plans in that regard! I am sick of people doing martial arts as "evening fitness" I am also sick of people claiming "mystic wonder powers".

Most of the time if you punch someone in the throat when they are being a dick all their friends decide not to be dicks for ten minutes. Extending that ten minutes would be awesome. Not punching the throats would be even awesomer.

So I started two new companies dedicated to teaching people to just f*cking kill the other guy and to learn how to become a better person based off that.

Might have accidentally got my third country asking me to be a citizen from it :)

I do think that knowing how to kill someone effectively is a good way to know all of your own weaknesses in real life. It is amazing how many people lack the skills for their mindset and lack the mindset for their skills. Once people know about killing they tend to not want to do it anymore.

So yes the dojo is in planning. It will have tons of rooms for guests so you will always have a room if that project gets off the ground. They might want you to get sweaty :)

I'm sweaty thinking about getting killed. :) 

It's fair to say that there is a lot of fantasy on my part emulating US films where people being dicks cop some serious retribution. In my experience, reproaching bad behaviour (most recently with my bogan neighbours that were drunk doing burnouts in their front yard and messing up ms clowns washing on the line) was not fruitless.  

In spite of politely asking initially that they cease and desist I was challenged to a fight. Three against one. In my fantasy I dealt with the villains mercilessly. What actually happened was I declined the offer and walked away after re-emphasising my point. Being abused all the way back home. Sounds like a loss but after one subsequent burnout on the road in front of my house eighteen months ago there have been no further incursions. Given that I lack the skills that your training provides this is probably the best outcome that I could have hoped for. 

Your kind offer offer of accomodation would no doubt require a balancing the relative costs of hotel versus hospital in Nagoya. Ms clown informs me she is opting for the latter. :unsure:

Search party will be required for cobran, something is up. He normally messages me when he goes on holidays.

I'm still waiting for an NBN connection so dropping by here sparingly. I succumbed and obtained mobile broadband for my laptop and it is freaking expensive!

Cobran we do love you!

All is forgiven.

Come back....

Seriously Cobran, we do hope all is ok.