RumpledElf

Introductions thread

130 posts in this topic

Just had a look at what I am in the combined thingy, am a cancer pig. Then had a look at what I am supposed to be like:

http://www.suzannewhite.com/new-astrology/CancerPig.html

The self-starter of all time, this person could live on a desert island, rise at dawn, say his prayers, prepare his tea, wash up, go to the rock that serves as the office, slave for fourteen straight hours, come back to his grass shack, prepare himself a huge feast, eat it, say his prayers, lie down under the palm tree and start again the next morning. Integrity is a word invented to describe Cancer/Pigs. They are whole, complete unto themselves, and require little other than fawning admiration, unflinching affection and obedient devotion from others. That's an exaggeration. Cancer/Pigs are utterly generous and charitable in the extreme. But they do like things their way and generally one way or the other see to it that the wheels turn in the direction they dictate. As far as love is concerned, they demand unflinching fidelity and are willing to return the favor - in spades! Sex is an everyday affair for this lusty creature whose ferocious sexual habits would make the Marquis de Sade blush blue.

Man I sound awesome!

Well this is a new discovery for me.

I am a Sagittarius/Rat. Interesting how many Sagittarians are on here.

This is supposed to be my personality as described by one of those websites.

Sagittarius/Rat personality: Usually forthright and honest, remarkably easy to get along with, hard working and thrifty.

The Rat really cherishes his friends, associates, and family; at times he gets entangled with other people’s lives and affairs because he can’t easily rid himself of strong emotional attachments once he has made them. His capacity to love can only be overruled by his shrewdness and love of money.

Actually that's not bad. I'm willing to accept that its 85% right.

The one from tor's site, I wasn't impressed with. I would prefer his actually.

The Sagittarius Rat is... a healthy and vivacious person full of energy and abustle with activity....... never sits still... impatient to achieve.... simplicity and directness...

opportunistic.... a gambler with life...

Famous Sagittarius Rats - Toulouse Lautrec, Ionesco, Carlo Ponti,..

Good Compatibilities - Libra Dragon...

Not even close!!

I will be watching for any Libra Dragons however, (What an fascinating combination) that show up on here. :naughty:

Apparently I am a walking stereotype :)

ok, i'll have a serious go at introducing myself....

• i was born in 1973 in outer se Melbourne to poor immigrant parents.
  • i excelled in maths and accounting so studied commerce straight out of school, majoring in management and financial accounting.
  • most of the family moved to brisbane in the early nineties, including me.
  • I operated my own successful importing business post uni, which I handed over to the folks when I left australia to work in PNG. a part time business has provided their retirement nest egg.
  • I lived in rabaul, new guinea, managing a cocoa, copra and balsa wood mill and plantation during the mid-late nineties. I understand pidgin English, but speak it terribly, and it get's worse with every birthday.
  • I love new guinea and am not at all keen on papua. i may retire and die in east new Britain, I like it that much.
  • I like dot points
  • I like to cook for guests, but would eat beans out of the can when I'm alone. I like a slow cooked meal, preferably buried in the ground, a moo moo (hung-e).
  • for the last decade i've worked in human services, and more recently social marketing.
  • I lived in cns for a few years
  • I cant stand the cold, Brisbane is just bearable. the closer to the equator the better.
  • I like dot points
  • the son of an ansett employee i have travelled extensively on the cheap
  • I don't currently have a boyfriend and i don't mind it that way
  • if it was up to me TV would be limited to two hours a day
  • did I tell you I like dot points?
  • I'm a Gemini. i've managed to control the evil twin, although he still pops up every now and again. I'm very Gemini.
  • I'm the best judge of character you will ever come across.
  • I'm impulsive but reserved
  • I'm likely to surprise you if you haven't known me for a decade.
  • shy/out going depending on who you ask and when
  • I will buy a ppor soon
  • I like gardening. both to eat and look at.
  • I love chickens, as pets, eggs, and to eat. I have been called the chook whisperer.
  • i have medium length curly hair without the slightest sign of baldness

anything else just ask.......

ok, i'll have a serious go at introducing myself....

• i was born in 1973 in outer se Melbourne to poor immigrant parents.
  • i excelled in maths and accounting so studied commerce straight out of school, majoring in management and financial accounting.
  • most of the family moved to brisbane in the early nineties, including me.
  • I operated my own successful importing business post uni, which I handed over to the folks when I left australia to work in PNG. a part time business has provided their retirement nest egg.
  • I lived in rabaul, new guinea, managing a cocoa, copra and balsa wood mill and plantation during the mid-late nineties. I understand pidgin English, but speak it terribly, and it get's worse with every birthday.
  • I love new guinea and am not at all keen on papua. i may retire and die in east new Britain, I like it that much.
  • I like dot points
  • I like to cook for guests, but would eat beans out of the can when I'm alone. I like a slow cooked meal, preferably buried in the ground, a moo moo (hung-e).
  • for the last decade i've worked in human services, and more recently social marketing.
  • I lived in cns for a few years
  • I cant stand the cold, Brisbane is just bearable. the closer to the equator the better.
  • I like dot points
  • the son of an ansett employee i have travelled extensively on the cheap
  • I don't currently have a boyfriend and i don't mind it that way
  • if it was up to me TV would be limited to two hours a day
  • did I tell you I like dot points?
  • I'm a Gemini. i've managed to control the evil twin, although he still pops up every now and again. I'm very Gemini.
  • I'm the best judge of character you will ever come across.
  • I'm impulsive but reserved
  • I'm likely to surprise you if you haven't known me for a decade.
  • shy/out going depending on who you ask and when
  • I will buy a ppor soon
  • I like gardening. both to eat and look at.
  • I love chickens, as pets, eggs, and to eat. I have been called the chook whisperer.
  • i have medium length curly hair without the slightest sign of baldness

anything else just ask.......

Zaph bilong kakaruk!

I went to a moomoo in canberra once. After everyone had eaten I got to sit with the man who cooked and roasted crackling that he had saved. (Yum) We talked a lot about his cooking stones (which were prized above all else) the tried and true ones that didn't explode. He spoke half pidgin, half English. Very nice people Papuans.

Gee, so many Sagittarius people here!

I'm another one of them, but I normally tell people my star sign is Vegetarious, and my birthday is on 30 February.

Basically my general stats are:

* Middle-aged, over the hill, one foot in the grave, should feed pigeons in the park.

* Immigrant that need better grammar, isn't it?

* Introvert, but can fake extrovert behaviour. Will make you think I'm interested in your yabber.

* Live in Brisbane

* Work in IT and tech industry

* Mature age student having an assignment to write

* Get too easily distracted by reading forums

Gee, so many Sagittarius people here!

I'm another one of them, but I normally tell people my star sign is Vegetarious, and my birthday is on 30 February.

Basically my general stats are:

* Middle-aged, over the hill, one foot in the grave, should feed pigeons in the park.

* Immigrant that need better grammar, isn't it?

* Introvert, but can fake extrovert behaviour. Will make you think I'm interested in your yabber.

* Live in Brisbane

* Work in IT and tech industry

* Mature age student having an assignment to write

* Get too easily distracted by reading forums

I had the cleanest house for miles around when I was studying formally. Things had to be just so before I would look at a text.

I can actually fake introvert behaviour if I choose but it's not much fun.

Ok I've derailed this thread almost enough...

Me

42 years

Live in Canberra (nuff said)

Federal public servant (working hard)

Not many issues that I don't crap on about (so crap on I will)

Up until recently I'd spent more years studying than working (And so developed a HUGE drinking habit)

Reached that delicate age of mid life crisis but don't own a convertible shaped like a penis yet. (Working on it)

Think housing is overvalued but would love my own place in which to become totally dissolute. (Working on it)

Say g'day. I don't dislike anyone I've met on this forum. You may be the first. :laugh:

Me too, Sagittarius / Pig.

This is supposed to be my personality as described by one of those websites.

The one from tor's site, I wasn't impressed with. I would prefer his actually.

Not even close!!

I will be watching for any Libra Dragons however, (What an fascinating combination) that show up on here. :naughty:

Oh the girlfriend is a sag / rat as well. She doesn't like hers from that site either. She sort of meets the one from the site you found but doesn't think it is as accurate as my one.

We have been singing "cancer pig, cancer pig does whatever a cancer pig does."

Zaph bilong kakaruk!

I went to a moomoo in canberra once. After everyone had eaten I got to sit with the man who cooked and roasted crackling that he had saved. (Yum) We talked a lot about his cooking stones (which were prized above all else) the tried and true ones that didn't explode. He spoke half pidgin, half English. Very nice people Papuans.

yu pla tok tok pisin?

me pla tok tok pisin lik lik tasol

(and have no idea how to write pidgin. I'm illiterate in pidgin! hopefully you 'save' what i say)

papuans are nice, new guineans are nicer. there's the perception that png is full of 'rascals', but the truth is they are far and few. most are beautiful people.

it took me a while to get used to being called master (masta i think).

such an easy language to pick up

Oh the girlfriend is a sag / rat as well. She doesn't like hers from that site either. She sort of meets the one from the site you found but doesn't think it is as accurate as my one.

We have been singing "cancer pig, cancer pig does whatever a cancer pig does."

This is the bit I liked in your's tor!!

Sex is an everyday affair for this lusty creature whose ferocious sexual habits would make the Marquis de Sade blush blue.

This is the bit I liked in your's tor!!

Uh Sol? 5 Kids? Let's hope you don't ramp it up anymore :)

Hello Everyone.

Like I said elsewhere I've lurked here for a while and posted infrequently on credit crunch.

- male/thirties/self employed in retail/artistic

- I have never owned. I nearly bought five years ago for 250k, then two years ago for 350k. Now the same type of place would be 500k. I remember thinking that houses were cheap in Melbourne five years ago.

- Now I am thinking about buying in rural victoria in a town or maybe even acreage?

- I'm a bit bipolar. Some days I want to put all my savings into gold,(especially after I watch the film The Road or see what the CEOs of banks get paid) other days I want to buy a house and get a big mortgage... Another day move to Berlin...

- I'm a doer. I want to do a big reno on a run down heritage listed house or build a new one.

- I hate banks. I hate greed. I hate the FHBG. I hate right wingers.

- I think that without a black swan event houses might only be down in real terms about 15% in ten years.

- I think there are many bull arguments that make sense and many that don't

- I think there are many bear arguments that make sense and many that don't.

- I'm getting more and more interested in the idea of having 10 acres and "growing my own".

- I go out the country and I just think "why buy 500sqm when you can have 40000! But I have a lot to learn about that kind of lifestyle change so that's partly why I'm here...

After having two large blocks - 1800 and 1400sqm - I've decided that I never want anything bigger than about 1000sqm. Get too much past an acre or two and you either need livestock to keep the weeds down, be running a hobby farm with very large veggie plots, or be on a bush block where you don't mind rampant undergrowth :) The old standard quarter acre size is actually pretty good.

In a couple of months we are moving to a 150sqm house on a 650sqm block. Seems about right, should have room for a couple of chooks, fruit trees etc, very affordable and will serve us well for a few years at least.

Hello Everyone.

Like I said elsewhere I've lurked here for a while and posted infrequently on credit crunch.

- male/thirties/self employed in retail/artistic

- I have never owned. I nearly bought five years ago for 250k, then two years ago for 350k. Now the same type of place would be 500k. I remember thinking that houses were cheap in Melbourne five years ago.

- Now I am thinking about buying in rural victoria in a town or maybe even acreage?

- I'm a bit bipolar. Some days I want to put all my savings into gold,(especially after I watch the film The Road or see what the CEOs of banks get paid) other days I want to buy a house and get a big mortgage... Another day move to Berlin...

- I'm a doer. I want to do a big reno on a run down heritage listed house or build a new one.

- I hate banks. I hate greed. I hate the FHBG. I hate right wingers.

- I think that without a black swan event houses might only be down in real terms about 15% in ten years.

- I think there are many bull arguments that make sense and many that don't

- I think there are many bear arguments that make sense and many that don't.

- I'm getting more and more interested in the idea of having 10 acres and "growing my own".

- I go out the country and I just think "why buy 500sqm when you can have 40000! But I have a lot to learn about that kind of lifestyle change so that's partly why I'm here...

Tassie. Some great swathes of land with the house you described and reasonably priced. Plenty of rain and good soil. I'm looking at buying a Tassie acreage (say 4000m2) in 2013ish (correction in full swing then IMO). Great spot for the arty farty in you as well (and only about $100 by air to Melbourne).

BTW welcome

A rather quick little read which I bumped into once and is something I largely agree with regarding introverts:

http://www.briankim....out-introverts/

that sounds like a fairly good summary of me. i've never been able to understand why people find parties interesting...3-4 good friends over for dinner or at a pub is great. more than that is just exhausting and really, really boring.

that sounds like a fairly good summary of me. i've never been able to understand why people find parties interesting...3-4 good friends over for dinner or at a pub is great. more than that is just exhausting and really, really boring.

maybe like me you just don't like having to endure dumb c**ts dribbling sh*t. I love a group of like minded and intelligent folk, I'm an extro but with dopeys I say nothing and find it boring....until I'm pissed. :vampire:

Thanks for bumping that link, I missed it the first time though.

Definitely the best summary of an introvert I've seen for a while.

Being a direct, fairly assertive type, people assume I'm an extrovert and it can can cause problems at times. I'm considering forwarding it to my boss sorry manager, an extro who really, really wants his staff to share a beer or three on friday night, which isn't nearly as much fun as it sounds.

I love a group of like minded and intelligent folk... :vampire:

And how do they feel about you? :laugh:

I don't mind other peoples parties. You can leave. (or get thrown out whichever comes first :) ) It's like speed dating. You can walk around the room and introduce yourself to the various cliques. It either works or doesn't in my case in quick time. If it doesn't I move on. You have to pick your parties though. I been at some duds that just refused to rise.

maybe like me you just don't like having to endure dumb c**ts dribbling sh*t. I love a group of like minded and intelligent folk, I'm an extro but with dopeys I say nothing and find it boring....until I'm pissed. :vampire:

perhaps. the "don't like small talk" bit was particularly apt in my case. though it's not that i don't like small talk, its that i'm incapable of it. i'm getting a bit better in recent years as my job forces me into more social situations than i would prefer, but its rough going--both for me and the unfortunate other party. people i know and like and who can understand my sense of humour, i can talk for hours and hours (or until the beer runs out). but parties... ugh.

There's a reason why i ended up in academia i suppose. you should've seen me as a salesperson! ha! but i did ok in my very limited time in management/supervision. mainly, i think, because i didn't want to have to deal with people any more than necessary so i kept meetings short and kept out of the way unless there was a problem. this had the advantage of giving me more nap time and more time to do the crossword.

Everyone complaining that they don't like parties full of dumb people should count themselves lucky that they don't live on the Goldie!

Beer therapy works to get me through those, the rest of the Goldie is all good.

Small talk is sh*t. If you open your gob say something FFS.

Its football (any code/country), hockey (ice or field),cricket, geo-politics, economics, robust psychology, fishing etc or just get drunk and do those topics anyway and tell those small talkers that their kids are spoilt little c**ts and need hols at Chateau de Bernie and their property portfolio is going to halve in value; they'll end up unemployed and they'll be sucking knobs for $10 a hit to buy baked beans. :laugh:

Small talk is sh*t. If you open your gob say something FFS.

Depends on the situation ... when you're talking to blonde hair, blue eyes, 36C, small talk can be great.

...or just get drunk and do those topics anyway and tell those small talkers that their kids are spoilt little c**ts and need hols at Chateau de Bernie and their property portfolio is going to halve in value; they'll end up unemployed and they'll be sucking knobs for $10 a hit to buy baked beans. :laugh:

:laugh:

though it's not that i don't like small talk, its that i'm incapable of it.

Some people that only know me casually think I am good at small talk and witty.

Realistically I think I often just have a habit of blurting out things which no one else would say and so everyone assumes I must be joking :)