RumpledElf

Holy mother of misunderstandings

6 posts in this topic

I asked our host when are we paid up to, and can we not renew past the end of the billing period.

I got the reply at 1am today

We are sorry that you have decided to cancel your account with pair

Networks.

As you have requested, we have cancelled your account and all related

services.

A total of $73.19 has been refunded to your credit card for unused

service.

Nooooooooo!

One 17 minute international call later and its working ... obviously we still had a fair bit of time left to go with $73 to refund too :shocking:

Ok, that's my stress over for today. At 9:30am. Is it too early for scotch?

Ok, that's my stress over for today. At 9:30am. Is it too early for scotch?

Scotch is more than just a breakfast drink.

I pity the poor tech support guy who had an agitated Australian calling at what was probably 2am ...

Yay for 24 hour international tech support at least :dontgetit:

Bah ... you hardly even gave us time to start wondering if the board had been taken over by the evil bull-troll brigade.

You know, like what happened to GHPC.

;)

Bah ... you hardly even gave us time to start wondering if the board had been taken over by the evil bull-troll brigade.

You know, like what happened to GHPC.

;)

Agree.

RE, that's not stress!!!

This is stress......

Imagine if we had logged on only to be told that the site was no longer operating.

That all our valuable contributions to the world of cyberspace economics, home prices and market, stock movements and just in general for the sustainable well-being of our planet, were all gooooooone.... Aaarrghh!

That would have been excitement, disappointment, regret all rolled into one. :vampire:

We're just so glad you are on the ball, and care so deeply for all us "simplysustainables", that you would go to such length's to keep this site up and running. :inlove:

Oh, we're slowly setting up the new host - we actually signed up a few days ago - but have only moved one site over. Its one of those ones where you have to do all the admin nonsense yourself instead of just paying more for someone else to do it, as befits a combined site load too high for cheaparse hosting. The second site is moving tonight, this one will be the last to move.

So its not *just* this site and its not *just* for you guys (I can retract that if it makes you lot feel less loved and wanted ;) ) ... this one probably accounts for $10 a month of the hosting bill. Less on the existing plan.

But I wasn't planning on making international calls 5 minutes after crawling out of bed!