Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bullshark

Last Gasp of Stupid

12 posts in this topic

sh*t weatherboard house in a blue collar suburb on under 600 sqm but a stone's throw from a major shopping centre - from where stone's will be thrown at the house.

And all they want is a cool three quarters of a million dollars:

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-cheltenham-106796516

But its got a shiny new kitchen, fresh paint and those shrinking and expanding floating floors, I'm not surprised with the cost of renovations these days.

But its got a shiny new kitchen, fresh paint and those shrinking and expanding floating floors, I'm not surprised with the cost of renovations these days.

That must be why its got "designer style"

you sh*tting me ?

No, I sh*t you not (at least, that was the result reported on realestate.com.au, if you can believe it).

The buyer would no doubt be planning to tear it down and build "townhouses" (how many could you actually squeeze into 715 sq m?). This has been very popular of late in Glen Waverley and Mount Waverley.

Ah yes.....the "unit" builders.......expecting to sell then at 1m each is he ?

Stupidity knows no bounds.

This all will end badly for many.......

50% off is peanuts......I think we might be looking at close to 70% off in a lot of areas.

50% off is peanuts......I think we might be looking at close to 70% off in a lot of areas.

50% off would be a good start...

Reverse downsizing - paying more for a smaller house?

I know, its crazy isnt it? You get these suburbs where a big but dated 4x2 costs $350-400k and next door is a block of 3 townhouses asking $600k each. That certainly isn't going to get the oldies out of their houses - the young families buy the smaller townhouses with no yard and the retired couples stay put with their huge backyards and empty bedrooms. My SIL - and two little boys - is living in a tiny house on a postage stamp block worth $500k while her mother lives in a big house on a 900sqm block. They should swap, but it'll never happen. Worst is the tiny house is in urban infill, not a new estate so it isn't designed with parks everywhere. They've enclosed a tiny deck to make a playroom because their house is too small.

It boggles me, it really does.