tor

I like smoking and booze and decadence

57 posts in this topic

I got a bottle of Louis Thirteenth cognac for my burfday! First drink is in an hour or so.

To argue sustainability I will say that I will fill the empty decanter with less expensive cognac when I have finished the good stuff.

Happy Birthday for yesterday then!

:cheers:

I got a bottle of Louis Thirteenth cognac for my burfday! First drink is in an hour or so.

Is it the emperors new clothes? Is it all feel good value or does it taste different?

To argue sustainability I will say that I will fill the empty decanter with less expensive cognac when I have finished the good stuff.

That's called fraud. :)

Is it the emperors new clothes? Is it all feel good value or does it taste different?

That's called fraud. :)

Unfortunately work issues called and I ended up skipping my drink until I have some time to actually sit and taste it.

Sydney is pissing down, I have been working since midnight and decide to get a snooze in. The phone rings, am I annoyed?

No Fqn Way!

New humidor is here, holds 3000 cigars apparently. My measly hoard didn't even make it look started.

Now to buy 3000 cigars before the government decides to help me quit by banning fine smokables :)

This birthday just keeps going.

A sad day indeed. 462 cases of quality shiraz bite the dust in a freak accident. I feel your pain sparky... :wine:

A wine maker from McLaren Vale in South Australia says he is "gut-wrenched, shocked and numb" after losing more than $1 million of his flagship shiraz when a container crashed from a forklift.

Moollydooker Wines' 2010 Velvet Glove Shiraz sells for $185 a bottle.

Sparky Marquis has lost a third of his production after the mishap that destroyed all but one of the 462 cases bound for the United States.

Advertisement: Story continues below

As the container hit the ground, the force of 12 tonnes crushed the cartons, reducing many to a third of their normal size.

"It was unbelievable, crazy. It was not what I wanted to hear," Mr Marquis said today. "When they opened up the container they said it was like a murder scene.

"There was red everywhere.

"But it smelled phenomenal. They were really impressed with the smell."

Read more:

I had an account with langtons wine auction site. They screwed up an order I had and I had to make several phonecalls sorting it out about 12 months ago. Needless to say I haven't been back to them since. I got an email last week that they were sending me two cases. Initially I thought - christ no more hassles - I haven't even been to their site in 12 months. But no. Apparently they had been sitting unclaimed since feb 2010. All paid for. So a general clown alert is warranted. Avoid these guys at all cost. The prices for the premium range are pretty similar to the retail price. And the service is at best woeful. It's up to you to quote the order number in the email subject. A penalty will be imposed for non compliance. WTF? We are the borg. You will comply.

Edited by staringclown

I had an account with langtons wine auction site. They screwed up an order I had and I had to make several phonecalls sorting it out about 12 months ago. Needless to say I haven't been back to them since. I got an email last week that they were sending me two cases. Initially I thought - christ no more hassles - I haven't even been to their site in 12 months. But no. Apparently they had been sitting unclaimed since feb 2010. All paid for. So a general clown alert is warranted. Avoid these guys at all cost. The prices for the premium range are pretty similar to the retail price. And the service is at best woeful. It's up to you to quote the order number in the email subject. A penalty will be imposed for non compliance. WTF? We are the borg. You will comply.

Aw shucks, SC, you are just being one more fussy, fussy, fussy Aussie consumer -

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/money/money-matters/aussie-consumers-some-of-worlds-fussiest/story-fn3hwldr-1226104029955

I notice it doesn't seem to occur to anyone that we are pissed off as consumers because, you know, service actually is terrible here...