Bernard L. Madoff

Equity Indices/Markets

850 posts in this topic

Support for our Lord & Saviour could be another 800 points down. So will it get there slowly or fast?!

Down over 6% in one day.

post-148-0-60410400-1453802960_thumb.jpg

If the misery index is any guide, the situation in the US is bad, but nothing like it got to 30-40 years ago ... yet!

The yanks haven't had it so good since the 1950's ... if you believe the unemployment and inflation figures published!

post-148-0-86148600-1457239939_thumb.jpg

I'm in cash since July and missed a bit of the latest market rise.

Hard to tell what will happen. On the one hand it is a presidential election year and a market crash at the end of Obamas reign would look bad and make Hillary's candidacy more difficult.

On the other hand, a Trump win would be a black swan event.

VIX is low, so big upside in the next few months is unlikely, but a surprise outcome of the presidential election would bring high volatility.

1 person likes this

The dome is crumbling...

Meanwhile, 5 years later, the dome has crumbled. The question now is whether the bottom will be below the low established in 2009?

post-148-0-56402000-1472282380_thumb.jpg

42404_c_large.png

Over 200 years of continual growth (give or take a few years).

What was that rule I learnt about in school regarding perpetual engines?? 

I admire the fact that central banks all determine their response to the economy via an inflation scale.

Perpetual growth it seems is absolutely necessary under our current economic thinking to maintain our progress.

Isn't this really just the largest pyramid scheme in the history of the planet.

Edited by Solomon

Over 200 years of continual growth (give or take a few years).

What was that rule I learnt about in school regarding perpetual engines?? 

I admire the fact that central banks all determine their response to the economy via an inflation scale.

Perpetual growth it seems is absolutely necessary under our current economic thinking to maintain our progress.

Isn't this really just the largest pyramid scheme in the history of the planet.

IMO, population growth and technology is what has led to economic growth in the past. Not sure how countries with a substantial portion of old persons is going to maintain growth in the future unless technology or immigration makes up for it.

Wow nice thread!

invite some more people for discussion!

Deutsche Bank keeps electing daily bullish reversals but the first weekly is at 17.47$ so it can rally til there

The Dow had a turnpoin int August/September so a 2-3 month correction is now probable,, the way down to 17,916.90 is completely free!

Longer term, there is a turnpoint in the 2nd/3rd quarter 2017 so it might decline or rise til then

Edited by Swaize

Wow nice thread!

invite some more people for discussion!

Deutsche Bank keeps electing daily bullish reversals but the first weekly is at 17.47$ so it can rally til there

The Dow had a turnpoin int August/September so a 2-3 month correction is now probable,, the way down to 17,916.90 is completely free!

Longer term, there is a turnpoint in the 2nd/3rd quarter 2017 so it might decline or rise til then

Surely Deutche Bank is in trouble?

Why would they sack both co-CEOs in June last year - and then appoint the Chairman of the Audit Committee as CEO (John Cryan)? That is a very weird background for a banking CEO.

The press release is extraordinarily difficult to find on the DB website - they drown it in irrelevant news. https://www.db.com/newsroom_news/2015/medien/deutsche-bank-appoints-john-cryan-to-succeed-juergen-fitschen-and-anshu-jain-en-10977.htm

Edited by AndersB

Surely Deutche Bank is in trouble?

Why would they sack both co-CEOs in June last year - and then appoint the Chairman of the Audit Committee as CEO (John Cryan)? That is a very weird background for a banking CEO.

The press release is extraordinarily difficult to find on the DB website - they drown it in irrelevant news. https://www.db.com/newsroom_news/2015/medien/deutsche-bank-appoints-john-cryan-to-succeed-juergen-fitschen-and-anshu-jain-en-10977.htm

IMO, it does look as if DB wants to rally after a double bottom in July & August, with high volume.

post-148-0-51285200-1473155036_thumb.jpg

post-148-0-60624100-1473155040_thumb.jpg

IMO, it does look as if DB wants to rally after a double bottom in July & August, with high volume.

Yes the charts may look like it is about to turn around.

What worries me is that we haven't heard about any skeletons discovered in closets yet. What have they been hiding?

Yes the charts may look like it is about to turn around.

What worries me is that we haven't heard about any skeletons discovered in closets yet. What have they been hiding?

Perhaps it is a dead cat bounce. Otherwise, the market has discounted the worst as being behind.

Meanwhile, 5 years later, the dome has crumbled. The question now is whether the bottom will be below the low established in 2009?

Another dome in the making?

post-148-0-05187400-1473204448_thumb.jpg

Edited by cobran20

I've just ventured out of cash in a few investments, (various reasons) so will be hoping the catastrophe is not too soon on the horizon.

Maybe I better start lobbying for Hilary!!