Bernard L. Madoff

Equity Indices/Markets

850 posts in this topic

Is there a complete clusterf*ck pattern? I had 5000 as my buy starting point for a spread down.  :) I'm not sure now.

Market tops are made with a roof of copper and this roof is looking ominous!

Copper has continued its slow but stead downward slope. Hardly surprising that those double-your-money overnight RE prices in mining towns are not looking too profitable.

post-148-0-67180200-1440763290_thumb.jpg

Interesting read Cobran.

My question, that they don't seem to answer is what happens if/when the Bond Bubble bursts?

Where does all the money go then?

Where is the safe haven, when the "safe haven" is not safe anymore?

They talk about sovereign defaults and such, but they don't quite believe what they are saying, and then try to suggest that won't happen because current monetary policies won't allow for deflation or debt default to occur.

Maybe I'm missing something??

Where is the safe haven, when the "safe haven" is not safe anymore?

I think Armstrong has been saying private assets will be the safe haven with stock markets to rise.

I think Armstrong has been saying private assets will be the safe haven with stock markets to rise.

For whatever monies are left to invest after the bonds default!

A hypothetical.

In the event of a Bond collapse.

I'm imagining that if there are any banks left standing that they would be immediately, and severely strapped for cash.

If you were a banker.......

What would you be more inclined to do first; foreclose on debt (fire sale assets), or bail-in on savings?

I always thought, pre 2007, it would the debtors who would bear the ire of the banks.

But my inclination now would be to give the savers a haircut.

Almost too easy in a digital world to simply wipe 30> 100% from the savings book, then to try and sell assets.

I think it is fascinating as we almost "watch" this all unfold, as to exactly who then is going to bear the brunt of any sovereign debt crisis. 

We could almost see the mega-rich being the largest hit, along with mum and dad savers, superannuation funds, etc.

Would we then have a back-lash, equivalent to the masses being disenfranchised?

ie; How would the mega-rich vent their protest?

Again, you all know that I'm a bit of dumbo on these economical issues, and I'm sure you will all set me straight.

A hypothetical.

In the event of a Bond collapse.

I'm imagining that if there are any banks left standing that they would be immediately, and severely strapped for cash.

If you were a banker.......

What would you be more inclined to do first; foreclose on debt (fire sale assets), or bail-in on savings?

I always thought, pre 2007, it would the debtors who would bear the ire of the banks.

But my inclination now would be to give the savers a haircut.

Almost too easy in a digital world to simply wipe 30> 100% from the savings book, then to try and sell assets.

I think it is fascinating as we almost "watch" this all unfold, as to exactly who then is going to bear the brunt of any sovereign debt crisis. 

We could almost see the mega-rich being the largest hit, along with mum and dad savers, superannuation funds, etc.

Would we then have a back-lash, equivalent to the masses being disenfranchised?

ie; How would the mega-rich vent their protest?

Again, you all know that I'm a bit of dumbo on these economical issues, and I'm sure you will all set me straight.

I think haircuts are guaranteed.

Another source of income being reduced. Indonesia will put the screws on us!

Live Cattle charts confirm a major top

Falling cattle prices is surprising!

Perhaps grain feed is getting cheaper as the bio-ethanol industry is changing from corn to biomass as feedstock.

But if prices for commodities keep falling including agri products, then the Australian economy must grow its service export industry fairly quickly!

Support for our Lord & Saviour could be another 800 points down. So will it get there slowly or fast?!

post-148-0-22819800-1452151453_thumb.jpg

post-148-0-70723200-1452151519_thumb.jpg