Bernard L. Madoff

Equity Indices/Markets

843 posts in this topic

The ratio is rising and when than happens, the US markets tend to tumble.

Cobran my respected sage and picker of the 09 bottom. On what volume? The machines are running the game.

Cobran my respected sage and picker of the 09 bottom. On what volume? The machines are running the game.

I think you've been overdosing on airlines fumes - a sage I'm not and I don't recall picking the 2009 bottom!down.gif

As to the volume, I presume you mean the Dow's, in which case the volume is not supporting the rise. IMO, I suspect that the Dow should top somewhere between 10500-10700 before a correction starts.

post-148-12841755508231_thumb.jpg

A diamond in the Dow?

And there was me thinking diamonds are generally used to describe good things. Thanks for the link, saved me asking yet another stupid question.

Is this the biggest Head and Shoulders pattern in the history of the universe?

If it is, the April high shouldn't be breached (by much at least!). It might also hover around these levels for a couple of years, like it did in 1998-2000. That would frustrate both bulls & bears!

The rise on the S&P500 beginning late August, to a new high above the early August top has not been confimed by the Copper/Gold ratio. These non-confirmations in the past have not bode well for the markets.

post-148-093263600 1285328436_thumb.jpg

Despite the plummeting $US, oil has done nothing unlike many other commodities. I guess the peak oil crowd will have to wait longer for the prices to go to the moon!

post-148-051733600 1286524936_thumb.jpg

The chinese market looks like it wants to rally as well. If so, I wonder of the chinese will loosen credit again. That would make commodity prices rise even further!

post-148-026139100 1286873258_thumb.jpg

post-148-053882400 1286873271_thumb.jpg

There is something 'stimulative' happening in the chinese market. Perhaps it is anticipation of ripple effects from the expected QEII from Ben?

post-148-018443700 1287133452_thumb.jpg

post-148-052059200 1287133458_thumb.jpg

Despite the plummeting $US, oil has done nothing unlike many other commodities. I guess the peak oil crowd will have to wait longer for the prices to go to the moon!

Oil's an interesting one. I have some understanding of copper price and gold price and why they do what they do- or at least their economic symbolism- but oil seems somewhat outside the usual bull/bear market dichotomy of copper and gold. Oil price seems too random for me to get a gauge on markets at all. Everything else has come connectivity, but oil is an outlier.

1 person likes this

Oil's an interesting one. I have some understanding of copper price and gold price and why they do what they do- or at least their economic symbolism- but oil seems somewhat outside the usual bull/bear market dichotomy of copper and gold. Oil price seems too random for me to get a gauge on markets at all. Everything else has come connectivity, but oil is an outlier.

There you go again. Sweeping statements.

Its a straight inverse relationship. Graph below.

Get a chart and learn TA (FFS!!!) and relationships between certain instruments

I have some understanding of copper price and gold price and why they do what they do

Please explain them because they have lost sense to me.

Oil and DX:

post-103-049243900 1287147109_thumb.gif

ill give that a go,

everything priced in USDS will go up when the dollar falls, except when demand for industrial commodities dries up, say due to a recession, then the commodity will drop vs USD

ill give that a go,

everything priced in USDS will go up when the dollar falls, except when demand for industrial commodities dries up, say due to a recession, then the commodity will drop vs USD

Yes Copper but Gold is off on its Pat Malone (no relationship with USD or Bonds).

yeah cuz gold isnt an industrial , its money, universal, sure it lost its use back in the print free and live well days, buts its back baby its back.

same as corn and pig bellies*, they wont go down in a recession like industrial , as they're a staple.

gold is indeed a different story, last 2008 collapse gold went up, with the USD, but other pms dived silver and platinum.

so yeah gold has some sort of mystical appeal cuz platinum would prob be better store, ad its harder and just as resistant. and when its pricey its worth more.

so next crash ,, i may sell my gold and look at price of Pt. assuming i aint bought a house

im not so sure the next GFC, world will run so readily to USD tho, although i thought it would be smashed the last time.

*well to me bacons a staple,

Aussie bacon is Canadian bacon, its shoulder. US bacon is the fatty, streaky belly action.

Avocados. I buy 10 avocados for $5 every weekend fromm the market. Avocado, bacon and anything else on toast is a survival meal.

Aussie bacon is Canadian bacon, its shoulder. US bacon is the fatty, streaky belly action.

I thought we were in the middle of the two having a bit of belly and a bit of shoulder.

There you go again. Sweeping statements.

There YOU go again, Bernie- trying to intimidate me. You just don't know how to be civil when it comes to me. And tor, had you read this right in the first place, you would have been telling Bernie to back off when he first started this crazy mission of his- a completely unfathomable mission. You clearly couldn't see it then, tor- perhaps you can now. Bernie needs to pull his head in- have you told him?

Get a chart and learn TA (FFS!!!)

Why don't you mind your own business. Other people might accept your insufferable bossines, but I don't. Do you get it, Bernie? It's one rule for all of us. Civil and constructive. Stop acting crazy when it comes to my posts.

1 person likes this