jp1746

HI ALL !

59 posts in this topic

Maybe you missed some sarcasm there... I don't remember recommending a limited field of discourse. Just wanted to show some appreciation for one field of discourse and particularly the participants, including yourself.

Thanks for your permission to read or participate in threads I find interesting.

As far as other threads go... I would have hoped your interest dictates that for you.

Oh when you ar ebeing sarcastic like this:

There are plenty of recipes on the net already.

You might want to use one of RE's fancy little emoticons. A lot of work was put into getting them. Otherwise (because of some of the fruit cakes we have) it can be easy to dump you into that category.

Now that you have pointed out you were being sarcastic I get the joke and can't wait to see your contribution to the recipes thread :)

Oh dear, I see why newbs are limited to the 'help' forum.

You expect me to know how to use emoticons already? :blush: I will keep my training wheels on for a while yet, thanks.

There are plenty of recipes on the net already. Keeping people who are prepared to think and present interesting viewpoints and practical advice on any topic is what will make this forum worth visiting.

Thanks everyone (and keep up the good work ;) for your fans)

Hi Brissie Chick,

On having broad topics the advantage is we all appear human when we talk about issues other than housing market technicalities. I consider it akin to entering a meeting and trying to keep the conversation off topic for the first 15 minutes if I have never met them, i.e. where you from etc. If you get to know people, and granted written communication is not the ideal format for this process, you find that rather than getting upset in the face of disagreements you have a chance of flushing out a compromise or at least learn something from their POV.

You might want to use one of RE's fancy little emoticons. A lot of work was put into getting them.

Hardly. Just a lot of waiting to get validated on some forum just to download one freakin file, and then some headscratching as to where to put the little buggers (hint: IPB emoticons go in the *default* folder and then just magically work)

Brissygirl is out of validation and can post anywhere, its more for people who don't get validated because they look spammy - so they have recourse to show they are human.

I spend an hour this morning deleting a backlog of spammers off another forum because our mods there don't have GHPC-itis and didn't know how to get rid of them or let us know with the report button ... the ones here have no such compunctions but there's no spammers ... yet.

So is this forum it ? Which is it ? So many have sprung up, that a coordinated effort needs to be made by trusted long term members of GHPC to pick one, and promote it / use it to the effect that it gains prominence.

RumpledElf, this forum seems to work fine, but allow me to give you some suggestions / observations.

- I googled house price crash / australian house prices, and variations of that theme, and this forum did not come up once, in any of the 100 results. We are hardly going to expose information to the broader public in this way. Don't take this as a critisism, (or the following) but it's the reality of the situation.

- Appearance; it does not appear as a bussiness minded forum, and would not appeal to bussiness types. Images of engorged capsicums and cucumbers are of no great interest to savvy housing types, keen to gain info / insight into the Australian housing market. DO NOT get me wrong here, RE - I appluad your sustainability mentality - I'm an avid organic veggie grower myself (and have said so for years on GHPC) - I spend an average of 2 hours or more every morning doing my veggies.

But most bussiness types who turned up here would think you all a bunch of watermelons and not come again.

This forums seems good. All the originals seem to be posting here (the real ones) and RE was a good mod at GHPC.

I agree the forum does need more google exposure but won't it get that in time?

I don't think the forum looks un-business like entirely- though it does kind of look like an agricultural forum.

Perhaps if it was called something like Simple & Sustainable - housing, houseprices and lifestyles in Australia, the bearishness would be more open.

Perhaps if it was called something like Simple & Sustainable - housing, houseprices and lifestyles in Australia, the bearishness would be more open.

That's a good idea.

So right now the to-do list looks like:

Toning down the colours a bit

Flicking the sunflowers over to the packed rooves of a new housing estate

And adding a byline.

Although "housing, house prices and lifestyles in Australia" has a bit of a repetitive element, but its close to what's needed.

When the place gets a bit busier and there's more 'quality' threads start coming up I'll set up a better system for putting articles on the front page, so they are the cherry-picked good ones rather than just everything.

This forums seems good...

Man you are going to be so pissed when, instead of trying to hack your account or impersonate you on other forums we reveal our true motive.

YOU ARE ALL SIGNED UP FOR AMWAY

ahahahahaha we win.

I couldn't find the packed rooves I had a mental image of but I found a nice old house in Perth which looks pretty.

Wasn't it Avon not Amway?

I couldn't find the packed rooves I had a mental image of but I found a nice old house in Perth which looks pretty.

You're blowing it man, these are the discussions we have offline.

Now we look like half arsed stealing bastards and we are in the wrong continent for that to be respected.

These days they are too clever to call it either.

About 3 months ago I was asked by the 18-20 year old girl at the service station how I was going and I said good. I was wearing a work shirt with the business name on it so she asked if it was mine? I said no way, it is an international company bigger than Ben Hur... Anyway she then asked why I don't start my own business? I said no I like working for other people it is in my genes.

I started feeling kinda awkward at this stage because usually it is nice to say high and goodbye and maybe ansew a few questions about your car or the weather, ask them if they are busy etc...

Anyway she then said why wouldn't you start your own business, you are just making other people rich? Anyway I thought wtf, this is getting a bit personal now for service station talk.

I suddenly realised where this was heading and it was not where I initially thought it may have been going so explained I did not have time to discuss now but I knew where to find her if I had a change of heart.

Anyway if Amway is so good why do they call it anything but amway now...

I think I'll become a cooking troll and spam all the housing threads with recipes. :shocking:

I think I'll become a cooking troll and spam all the housing threads with recipes. :shocking:

It will need to be recipes that don't work or that have false ingredients based on surburban myth.

Something like sugar coated asparagus spears.

It will need to be recipes that don't work or that have false ingredients based on surburban myth.

Something like sugar coated asparagus spears.

First dip asparagus spears into egg white and then roll in sugar. Bake in a hot oven for 20 minutes. Insult the asparagus then serve.

First dip asparagus spears into egg white and then roll in sugar. Bake in a hot oven for 20 minutes. Insult the asparagus then serve.

LMAO. I had visions of me screaming...

"you chicken embryo wannabe with a sucrose coat, who the **** do you think you are, you just a skinny bull*** tipped green stalk. I fart in your general direction, your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries. I spit on you".

Hi Ummester, good to see you around.

...Insult the asparagus then serve....

Why the hell is posh nosh not available in a box set DVD.

It is like watching the grown up withnail and I character. Awesomely cool.

Why the hell is posh nosh not available in a box set DVD.

It is like watching the grown up withnail and I character. Awesomely cool.

Well spotted...

I just wanted to say Hi as well. *waving hands*

Apparently, most of you guys went to this forum. Since the GHPC board seems to be done, I decided to move with the crowd.

Although this is more an Australian community, I hope you don't mind having an European reader/poster wandering around. ;)

Greetings

Just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying it here. Really like the variety - bit of housing, oil and alternatives, gardening, books and recipes - all my favourites.

Hope it continues and everyone plays nicely!

Hi Everbody,

I'm WaveRider....

I occasionally used to read and post at GHPC under the name "Endangered Faeces", which I then changed to "Stop loss" and then back again....

I signed up to this site some time ago, when I noticed Rumpled Elf and tor mentioning it - things were looking a bit crap with that great forum.

I've taken a bit of a hiatus from all this forum business, and now I can't find GHPC at all, and there seems to be some weird postings about it on bupplepedia.

Anyway, I remembered this place, and might have a look around. Hopefully I can get back into it and make a positive contribution.

Cheers,

WaveRider

Bonjour.

Long time lurker, decided to join.

Nap.

hmm... i hope duke wellington comes over to this forum as well. things could get interesting.

Long time lurker, decided to join.

Did Silver Surfer point you our way? You're both at the same organisation :)

Did Silver Surfer point you our way? You're both at the same organisation :)

Shouldn't you dealing with your complaints more earnestly.

Here you go, http://www.simplesustainable.com/topic/2092-who-has-authority-to-delete-posts/ , perhaps you could fix this complaint about a corrupted moderation process rather than picking on a newbe.

Secret Mods, doesn't sound very ethical ...

Shouldn't you dealing with your complaints more earnestly.

Here you go, http://www.simplesus...o-delete-posts/ , perhaps you could fix this complaint about a corrupted moderation process rather than picking on a newbe.

Secret Mods, doesn't sound very ethical ...

You claim to be a long time lurker then say you are a newbie?

Sheesh.

Another real estate sponsored telstra card I guess.