tor

Forums Broken in reply mode

6 posts in this topic

Just this morning (service pack reboot happened overnight) firefox started crashing whenever I hit reply.

Switching to the lofi version avoids the problem.

Anyone else?

<br />Just this morning (service pack reboot happened overnight) firefox started crashing whenever I hit reply.<br /><br />Switching to the lofi version avoids the problem.<br /><br />Anyone else?<br />

Ahh if I disable scripts for the site it works fine except the editor leaves the extra "br" codes in a reply.

RE any updates to your codebase last night?

Nothing has been touched since the last forum update - which introduced this bug in the first place on some obscure combinations of firefox and OS and whatever. There's already a thread on the bug, quite old now. I had the same thing 2 days ago just having left FF up for 17 days. Restarted, all good.

Been reported to IPB multiple times and not just by me, IPB can't replicate it so IPB doesn't want to do anything about it. I might go poke their forums again and see if they've come down off their high horse and admitted they have a problem yet.

Oh, after dozens and dozens of threads all now tagged "duplicate" on their tracker forums they FINALLY did something.

Posted Yesterday, 04:25 AM

The fix will be included with 3.1.2. We only release patches for critical issues.

Brandon Farber

Developer / Senior Support

But there's no fix available for it yet (the 10 posts after the developers said there was a fix were all "can we get a patch for this?"). Switching editor types in your user settings is a kludge to get around it.

Oh, after dozens and dozens of threads all now tagged "duplicate" on their tracker forums they FINALLY did something.

But there's no fix available for it yet (the 10 posts after the developers said there was a fix were all "can we get a patch for this?"). Switching editor types in your user settings is a kludge to get around it.

Oh disabling the flash option for uploads did it for me. I never upload anyways :)

i have a bizarre error here with safari (v5.0) on mac. when i reply to a thread, it opens a new tab (on another thread--not sure how that thread is chosen, i think it may be coming out of history and opening up the most recently opened thread) and shifts the browser to that new tab. i then have to go back to the tab that i wanted to reply to (this one, in this case) and write the reply.

it's not a mind-crushing error but a bit disconcerting.

i'm guessing one of the commands they have in their reply thingy means something totally different in safari (let me know if this is too technical :P)