RumpledElf

Green energy assessments

6 posts in this topic

Makes you wonder ...

Has anyone here actually taken up one of those assessments?

http://www.news.com.au/money/money-matters/brisbane-retiree-promised-31m-in-power-bill-savings-by-government-sustainability-report/story-e6frfmd9-1225883057362

BRISBANE retiree Colin McFarlane was told he would save more than $31 million a year on power bills if he purchased a new airconditioner and installed ceiling fans. Despite his last quarterly power bill totalling just $195, Mr McFarlane said the sustainability report compiled by the Federal Government's Green Loans Team was "so glaringly obviously wrong".

"It's taxpayer's money that's being used to fund these reports and they're worth nothing," Mr McFarlane said.

"The Government is spending money to pay people to go out and do an assessment . . . but it's full of so many holes that it's just a sheer and utter waste of money."

The report said if he replaced his airconditioner he would save $24,483,733 a year and, if he installed ceiling fans, he would save $7,301,644.

man, did they tell him where he can those ceiling fans and the new A/C? because if they can save me 30 mill. a year they might be worth a couple hundred bucks investment...

That's funny. I am involved in light globe replacement, and by installing energy saving globes in your home, you could save $37,554,543 per quarter. :)

Yeah but the new bulbs are so sh*tty that a lot of that 37 million per quarter is a tax writeoff for my eyes failing.

I still have an outstanding customer complaint with phillips after I started writing date of install on the base of my globes and mailing them incessantly when the globes don't even come close to the life span on the box. Am waiting for them to tell me my wiring is bad or something but they just don't reply. Except to send me spam about how great their stuff is.

I still have an outstanding customer complaint with phillips after I started writing date of install on the base of my globes and mailing them incessantly when the globes don't even come close to the life span on the box. Am waiting for them to tell me my wiring is bad or something but they just don't reply. Except to send me spam about how great their stuff is.

But isn't that just contemporary customer relations in a nutshell?

My personal fave is the website complaint form that goes forever unanswered. Presumably it's cheaper to just leave the replies unread and unreplied.

But isn't that just contemporary customer relations in a nutshell?

My personal fave is the website complaint form that goes forever unanswered. Presumably it's cheaper to just leave the replies unread and unreplied.

At least the email complaint form saves paper, as they are not going to read the written ones anyway.