Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
staringclown

Foreign correspondent - California pot lead recovery

Legalise de erb?   7 members have voted

1. 1. Should marijuana be legalised?

• Yes, In the interests of saving the Californian economy?
    • Yes, I'm a ten cone a day man?
    • Yes, it's no worse than alcohol?
    • No , it leads to harder substance abuse?
    • No, god damn hippies want locking up?
    • No, Drugs are bad?
    • Yes, No reason given?
    • No, no reason given?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 posts in this topic

I was just watching the ABC and they showed california since the "medicinal" use referendum was passed. I think it was in 1996. There's another referendum coming up for the commercial sale and regulation. The anticipated revenue is about 2 billion. The savings in law enforcement aren't calculated. Neither are the increased health costs, road deaths etc. Is it worse than tobacco? Better than alcohol? Who knows but this is the first jurisdiction planning on incorporating a a previously prohibited substance. It may get through on pure economic grounds as prohibition has failed to stop the trade. Is it like the prohibition of alcohol in the 1930's? Is it a better thing to decriminalise and keep the jails empty. Is Australia ready for a similar change? It's a private poll for obvious reasons. I'm interested in the broad numbers.

I was just watching the ABC and they showed california since the "medicinal" use referendum was passed. I think it was in 1996. There's another referendum coming up for the commercial sale and regulation. The anticipated revenue is about 2 billion. The savings in law enforcement aren't calculated. Neither are the increased health costs, road deaths etc. Is it worse than tobacco? Better than alcohol? Who knows but this is the first jurisdiction planning on incorporating a a previously prohibited substance. It may get through on pure economic grounds as prohibition has failed to stop the trade. Is it like the prohibition of alcohol in the 1930's? Is it a better thing to decriminalise and keep the jails empty. Is Australia ready for a similar change? It's a private poll for obvious reasons. I'm interested in the broad numbers.

Legalisation may be the most difficult political discussion around. Thank "Just say no" Nancy. Wild!

Americans have willingly gone to war twice since your query. Beyond discussion.

Logic has no bearing, in this sea.

Move to Nelson. Learn to ski.

Legalisation may be the most difficult political discussion around. Thank "Just say no" Nancy. Wild!

Americans have willingly gone to war twice since your query. Beyond discussion.

Logic has no bearing, in this sea.

Move to Nelson. Learn to ski.

I was in Haast when I came across the most vehemently anti drugs dudes ever. (at the haast pub during the white bait season!) Lead by a guy in a batman T-Shirt of all things. :hammer: Drank a tallie of DB "once were warriors" style which was good. Why Nelson? California of the South Is?

I was in Haast when I came across the most vehemently anti drugs dudes ever. (at the haast pub during the white bait season!) Lead by a guy in a batman T-Shirt of all things. hammer.gif Drank a tallie of DB "once were warriors" style which was good. Why Nelson? California of the South Is?

Nelson, BC, Canada. -In the 60's Nelson became a favourite among the (US) draft dodgers. They brought their habits with them and part of that legacy remains today. From memory they have a monument to draft dodgers in the town! The place is a little too laid-back for me but for some it is heaven. And it snows there. A lot.

Nelson, BC, Canada. -In the 60's Nelson became a favourite among the (US) draft dodgers. They brought their habits with them and part of that legacy remains today. From memory they have a monument to draft dodgers in the town! The place is a little too laid-back for me but for some it is heaven. And it snows there. A lot.

Coldsmoke Powderfest 2010 (video in link)

Man, I miss Canada in winter :crybaby:

Ah. Wrong country. :blush: Sounds like a nice place. :) Do you live in Canada now? I might be going to Vancouver over for Xmas.

Bastard.

Winter in Big White is cool. Ski in ski out and winter fun.

Big White Village

...a quick drive from Kelowna

http://www.tourismkelowna.com/

Well, If we go at all. (Pressure is building, Ms Clowns sisters' daughter is doing an internship in Vancouver but Whistler is proposed for Xmas. Mother-in-law, sister and various other in laws are going but it's my folks turn for Xmas in Brissy.) Canada vs Brissy. (I know which I'd rather.) A white Xmas would be cool...

Whistler is cool. real cool. All Blue runs and most single blacks have my scent in the treeline (ya know like a dog). :blush:

Except ski and out is mighty expensive otherwise its catch a bus from across village. Its still bloody expensive (take Vancouver take away booze prices and add 50%+ for beer and bottles of...).

Chrismas may be snow sparse at whistler (the machines will be on but I'm talking snow everywhere and snowing on you in the hot tub with a cuban in your jaw and a tumbler of scotch) due +ve temps. Not as close to Van with mountains of snow is Big White but consider a ferry to Vancouver island and (after getting pissed at the Bat and Ball, a cricket pub, in Victoria), try Mount Washington Vancouver Island. Man they get snow not in feet, its in multiples of metres!!! http://www.mountwashington.ca/

PS consider from that link that its now entering the Canadian summer its going to be 14c on mountain and they still have 100cm of snow and a lift open.

Ah. Wrong country. :blush: Sounds like a nice place. :) Do you live in Canada now? I might be going to Vancouver over for Xmas.

Once lived there and skied every weekend.

Did a January trip to Canada last year. Skied Whitewater (Nelson), Big White and Whistler. Agree w Bernie...Whistler is still a bit warm in December. And very pricey over Christmas. My advice would be to go a few weeks later if possible...January...prices and temps and crowds will drop.

Big White is awesome when there is visibility. Not nick-named Big Whiteout by accident.

I could go on and on about the Rockies.