cobran20

The AK Thread

1617 posts in this topic

he is getting better, good the chart of government spending. he should have showed longer timeframe on the CAD/AUD chart as the AU$ rised very high during last year and the drop of last few months it just bring back the rate of 6 months ago

AUD v CAD is a bit more complicated than that. For Everyman.

Interesting from AK's POV that two "resource based" economies have such a difference.

My query: What if we produced as many Camaro, so much lumber?

Not a fair fight, in this comparison.

Ziggy might have an opinion...

Having lived in both countries and as an FX trader I agree, don't forget Oil mate. Al is trying to link the 'less' flight from the CAD vs USD as RSPT based and its bollocks. Thats Joe Hockey or Abbott making a dill of themselves in Parliament stuff.

Here is a hint. The USA has a QE/Zirp rate of 0.25%. The Canucks have 0.50%. The Aussie's have 4.5%.

When the carry trade unwinds from risk where does it unwind the most from as a rate?

The last graph is the most telling.

That tells the story of a sustained recession.

Millions of people out of work for 30 months, with no real sign of permanent employment improving.

For those interested in modern economics, you might ask yourself what happens to an economy when 10% of your population is no longer active in the countries production.

Let them die???

Beg??

Enlist them in the army?

Some big questions facing the US of A.

The last graph is the most telling.

That tells the story of a sustained recession.

Millions of people out of work for 30 months, with no real sign of permanent employment improving.

For those interested in modern economics, you might ask yourself what happens to an economy when 10% of your population is no longer active in the countries production.

Let them die???

Beg??

Enlist them in the army?

Some big questions facing the US of A.

...and at over a million a month, they are running out of benefits (then food stamps). People ask how did such a sophisticated (culturally and philosophically) country like Germany take to the abhorrence that was Naziism and Hitler in the 30s. The average American isn't even in that league (art, science, music, philosophy) its an interesting time, books will be written.

...and at over a million a month, they are running out of benefits (then food stamps). People ask how did such a sophisticated (culturally and philosophically) country like Germany take to the abhorrence that was Naziism and Hitler in the 30s. The average American isn't even in that league (art, science, music, philosophy) its an interesting time, books will be written.

I remember my highschool modern history HSC exam having this very question in it; to what degree was the depression instrumental in Hitlers rise to power? Without it he never would have risen to power is the short answer.

I notice the greens are getting 16% of the primary in the latest polls...

I should add about greens Bob won me over a little on Sudney on insiders. I was plesantly surprsed. He might not be as pulled by the Nimbys as I suspected he would be going from that interview. But still when the chips are down I am guessing he will side with NIMBYS which basically means nothing will get done if he got power.

Don't forget that Hitler and the Nazi party only got into power off the German rural areas. They didn't win the majority of the vote in Berlin and some other big cities.

Don't forget that Hitler and the Nazi party only got into power off the German rural areas. They didn't win the majority of the vote in Berlin and some other big cities.

And that was partly because he was one of the early adopters of using the aeroplane to get around so he could get to more places than the other guys.

Sorry Cobran to further derail your thread. I remember it as being the butchers, the bakers and candlestick makers, i.e. the middle class. This may be consistent with your comment anyway I suppose, as it is likely per person the cities are more likely to have more workers and more affluent arty what we know as latte sipping types who would not go for an Adolf Hitler type. The rural areas would have a higher proportion of people who would be considered middle class.

AK is also on the bandwagon comparing BP vs the Dow.

Scott Adams has a theory for BP

http://dilbert.com/blog/entry/engineers_to_the_rescue/

According to the often stated (at least in this blog) Scott Adams Theory of Predictable Disasters, this would be an excellent time to buy stock in BP. Yes, yes, you'd vomit in your own mouth when you executed the trade, but follow me on this argument.

Scott Adams has a theory for BP

http://dilbert.com/b..._to_the_rescue/

I tend to agree. If BP doesn't go bust (which I doubt it), then it will probably make a good contrarian investment. On GHPC early last year, I posted a chart of Ford when its price was around $2 and the broad media was endlessly publishing about the death of GM and the rest of the America car companies. 'Strangely' enough, the chart of Ford was suggesting otherwise! In a year, it rose 7x. I wish I had backed my views with my money!sad.gif

post-148-12763144852621_thumb.jpg

I tend to agree. If BP doesn't go bust (which I doubt it), then it will probably make a good contrarian investment. On GHPC early last year, I posted a chart of Ford when its price was around $2 and the broad media was endlessly publishing about the death of GM and the rest of the America car companies. 'Strangely' enough, the chart of Ford was suggesting otherwise! In a year, it rose 7x. I wish I had backed my views with my money!sad.gif

Drink more.

I have found I back my views a lot more often if I am drunk.

Invest $30 in some crappy scotch and come out buying lagavulin and cubans. w00t.

The best bit is that when the idea sh*ts and burns you can I WAS DRUNK.