cobran20

The AK Thread

1608 posts in this topic

Took a spruik pill AK?

If one bought the All Ords in March 1988 (remember the market 'crashed' in 1987) and held for 22 years...5.8%*.

Hows Ubank looking?

As for that last graph...go Carlton/Manly/Queensland Reds!!!! :jerry: Maybe the the gross $1,200,000,000,000 in external debt feeding it should have been included? Hell, its only $57,000 for every man, woman and child. :clap:

*100((4903/14151/22)-1)

Houses have done better than shares over the last 20 years

... at the expense of what perchance?

Houses have done better than shares over the last 20 years

Well, only for about 5 or 6 of those 20 years... :)

3 years ago he would have called anybody who invested in RE in preference to shares a schmuck

I am now wondering if Kohler has decided to just spruik along with the rest thinking the sooner we get to the limit of affordability the sooner the housing market will tank?

another way to see the US retail sales:

post-268-12712014461201_thumb.gif

back to business as usual and spend the way out of trouble forever or double top?

Looks like the US still haven't gotten off the drug of credit just yet!!

They learned that you can NOT pay your mortgage without getting evicted, foreclosed, bankrupted and credit-hit. The spare funds are used to enjoy non-housing goods and services.

Edited by sydney3000

Small retailers look to be doing it a bit tough, big retailers look to have recieved the lions share of the stimulus packages.

I think there is a bit of crap in the first chart about big business interest rates, I don't think they are so low and in any case it is like comparing apple with orange, first because I don't think they borrow at short term, then because they most likely borrow in US$ and ok, the rate is lower but hedging is expensive.