cobran20

The AK Thread

1472 posts in this topic

I liked his comment about somehow missing the dubai bailout as a cause for the spike.

I always like how the talking heads find an excuse for trying to explain the movements in the market. As I posted on GHPC, they even use the same excuse (eg. rise in the price of oil) for explaing both rises & falls in the market.

WTF?

Business credit down 17.1% in one month in the lead up to Xmas. That's pretty good!

Man your life boat!

I liked his comment about somehow missing the dubai bailout as a cause for the spike.

He lost a lot of credibility with that statement. I believed him until I saw the news next morning about the Abu Dhabi bailout.

If you had any doubt as to whether China has a debt/credit bubble, then have no more!

the problem is that China pegged their currency with the US$ that has a nearly zero borrowing/lending rate, as a consequence the chinese currency borrowing/lending rate is nearly zero as well

According to Riskmark's new formula, there are no housing affordability issues in Australia. It has been around 4x income for the last 6 years! biggrin.gif

post-148-12641484684359_thumb.jpg

I was watching the ABC news last night with my landlord. We were having an enjoyable Friday and then this Rismark chart pops into our view and a huge argument erupted between me and him. Tempers flared. I almost lost it. It took us a couple of hours to calm down.

I said: According to Rismark the average person on average income of $60,000 can buy an average property for $240,000. The average property costs $500,000 though and hence the analysis is incorrect.

He said: It doesn't say that. You have to start low with a sub-average property and work you way up. Rismark are professionals so this analysis must be correct.

I said: What is the point of saying the average affordability is 4x income if you need an average income to buy a sub-average property?

...followed by cursing, swearing and namecalling...

Edited by sydney3000

I was watching the ABC news last night with my landlord. We were having an enjoyable Friday and then this Rismark chart pops into our view and a huge argument erupted between me and him. Tempers flared. I almost lost it. It took us a couple of hours to calm down.

I said: According to Rismark the average person on average income of $60,000 can buy an average property for $240,000. The average property costs $500,000 though and hence the analysis is incorrect.

He said: It doesn't say that. You have to start low with a sub-average property and work you way up. Rismark are professionals so this analysis must be correct.

I said: What is the point of saying the average affordability is 4x income if you need an average income to buy a sub-average property?

buy a PS3. They are about average weekly disposable income and never result in tedious arguments like that.

They result in awesome arguments and rage quits which are much more fun!

Maybe we could go back to religious wars.....but is property the new religion? Could you capture it on audio next time for our entertainment?

Edited by wulfgar

Hey cobran.

Can you explain that last chart for me? I didn't see AK tonight.

Does that imply that we require a rate hike to bring the underlying inflation under control, and back down to the level of the RBA?

Or that we don't require a rate hike, because the underlying inflation is falling?

Hey cobran.

Can you explain that last chart for me? I didn't see AK tonight.

Does that imply that we require a rate hike to bring the underlying inflation under control, and back down to the level of the RBA?

Or that we don't require a rate hike, because the underlying inflation is falling?

As I recall (and I don't pay much attention to AK!), he stated that the RBA is more concerned about the underlying inflation, which is still above their target range, hence a likely rate rise next wee.

As I recall (and I don't pay much attention to AK!), he stated that the RBA is more concerned about the underlying inflation, which is still above their target range, hence a likely rate rise next wee.

Thanks cobran.

Your good to reply.