Bernard L. Madoff

Got FOREX

875 posts in this topic

It's now a question as to how soon it will get to 80c! ohmy.gif

If the RBA keeps cutting, then it will be sooner rather than later. I thought we'd get a bounce to 95c before the next drop, but our currency couldn't hold it.

Dive attempt # 2! It did get to (over) 95c after all!

Looks like overseas trips & chinese goods are going to get more expensive.

post-148-0-42883100-1411033886_thumb.jpg

post-148-0-08600800-1411033895_thumb.jpg

post-148-0-94143600-1411033905_thumb.jpg

post-148-0-09313100-1411033912_thumb.jpg

ohh some nice posts cobran thanks for the tireless work appreciate your posts,. last big crash everyone was expecting the USD to do the diving and where suprised when it went up as being seen as the only liquid safe haven.i wonder if thats happening again. i did expect AUD to fall  from over $1 at some point

... and now to new highs!

Armstrong is right, there is a big demand for the $US. However, this vertical rise should set it up for good correction as well.

post-148-0-00004800-1420249979_thumb.jpg

It's hit the target. So a bounce now or continue down to the next target?

Breaking down.  If it doesn't hold, then 72.5c could be the next target.

post-148-0-95550600-1422008245_thumb.jpg

I've been watching the Russian ruble bounce around a bit lately. Was interesting to see it go all the way up to 50 against the AUD but now drop back to 40 (rubles per AUD).

Mrs Medved has a friend who bought an apartment in Russia close to the trough. They've done well just out of the exchange rate. Apparently loaded up foreigners were buying up entire apartment buildings.

The ~20% appreciation means it's a bit less attractive.

Anybody recommend or have used forex companies for large transfers?

The two that seem to offer best rates are OFX (OzForex) and TorFX. I'll probably need to use one because my bank doesn't do telegraphic transfers into RUB.

I checked with Travelex at the airport today. Spot price is around 48, they offer 37... 25% up in smoke so won't be using them, I hope there are better.

http://bestexchangerates.com/foreign-transfers/AUD/RUB/1000?side=ccy1

P.S. I didn't know Tor got into the forex business but there you go. :)

Anybody recommend or have used forex companies for large transfers?

The two that seem to offer best rates are OFX (OzForex) and TorFX. I'll probably need to use one because my bank doesn't do telegraphic transfers into RUB.

I checked with Travelex at the airport today. Spot price is around 48, they offer 37... 25% up in smoke so won't be using them, I hope there are better.

http://bestexchangerates.com/foreign-transfers/AUD/RUB/1000?side=ccy1

Check this one:

http://www.kvbkunlun.com/en/html/product/forex/

I don't know if one of their services can be used for personal transfers. The exchange rate for buying cash is competitive.

I like to keep people guessing...

Me personally i would not bet against a currency that has already fallen so low.

Also with monthly candles this is probably a false break.

On the other hand im watching the usd index and all currencies for a usd breakout. Not saying it happens now or at all. But IF its happens it warns of a crysis and its a good trade cause it would be a 20% move. There is the potential for a dollar rallye into 3rd quarter 2017 which im watching wether it happens.

For the aussi i dont know,

lets look at it:

big turnpoint in november and january

its november and went into this with strenth.... id say that could mean aussi weakness now for a couple weeks.

monthly its still in dollar strength, only below 1,2386 would change this or above 0.7820 in futures

the euro and all seem to bottom in 2018, so....

the aussi also has this big 2018 turnpoint, who knows what its gonna be beforehand but a aussi high looks a bit less likely than a dollar high.

All stock markets worldwide are crumbling, get ready for economic crysis. Australia got wheat wool and gold maby bottoming next year so for you it might be a bit less intense and youre not the EU with banks made of broken pieces of taped together promises :)