tor

Planning is important

12 posts in this topic

Times to attempt to rob a house / invade a property / whatever dickhead behaviour someone chooses.

a. when they are not there

b. when they are asleep

c. when they are playing ministry and doing some kind of sword waving in the air thingy

Mostly I would not have chosen c.

Lay Lady Lay by Ministry is a new find for me for some reason. I have been digging it for some a few days now.

Times to attempt to rob a house / invade a property / whatever dickhead behaviour someone chooses.

b. when they are asleep

c. when they are playing ministry and doing some kind of sword waving in the air thingy

Lay Lady Lay by Ministry is a new find for me for some reason. I have been digging it for some a few days now.

dickhead behaviour can now be deemed to include "we are from a christian youth group going hiking and got lost"

I guess they mistook me for the devil.

b. when they are asleep

LOL. Great song. Make sure you crank it. :thumbsup: Nice, big anthemic guitar towards the end. :)

dickhead behaviour can now be deemed to include "we are from a christian youth group going hiking and got lost"

I guess they mistook me for the devil.

You should have played them Ministry's "Jesus built my hotrod" and just sat back and watched em run. :o

LOL. Great song. Make sure you crank it. :thumbsup: Nice, big anthemic guitar towards the end. :)

You should have played them Ministry's "Jesus built my hotrod" and just sat back and watched em run. :o

Best bit is that we have the council cleanup this weekend so I have ditched my old tube teles and sony monitor (sad to see it go but at at 22" and about the same in kilos I just can't justify it anymore) and grabbed a few lcd's for the gym where I like to play tekken and watch my morning email notifications come in while I do a morning walk on the cross trainer and then some weights. It is also the room where I air out my armour and repair my weapons i.e. this is definitely a testosterone room.

I upgraded the notebook in there to windows 7 while I was at it (glutton for punishment).

So I am in there doing the painful rewiring of the stereo system and teles and everything and getting frustrated as f*ck and somewhat belligerent I suppose and playing music on the office sound system loud so I can hear it and to release said frustrations. Occasionally the annoyance gets to me and I go swing my naginata around (or as I will tell sensei I was training and when tired wiring speakers) and this dipsh*t wanders out of the backyard and wants to be tough.

S-M-R-T

Oh well all fine now and no one is hurt in anyway except maybe pride.

Best bit is that we have the council cleanup this weekend so I have ditched my old tube teles and sony monitor (sad to see it go but at at 22" and about the same in kilos I just can't justify it anymore) and grabbed a few lcd's for the gym where I like to play tekken and watch my morning email notifications come in while I do a morning walk on the cross trainer and then some weights. It is also the room where I air out my armour and repair my weapons i.e. this is definitely a testosterone room.

I upgraded the notebook in there to windows 7 while I was at it (glutton for punishment).

So I am in there doing the painful rewiring of the stereo system and teles and everything and getting frustrated as f*ck and somewhat belligerent I suppose and playing music on the office sound system loud so I can hear it and to release said frustrations. Occasionally the annoyance gets to me and I go swing my naginata around (or as I will tell sensei I was training and when tired wiring speakers) and this dipsh*t wanders out of the backyard and wants to be tough.

S-M-R-T

Oh well all fine now and no one is hurt in anyway except maybe pride.

What? Actually into your house?

What? Actually into your house?

Into the "backyard", admittedly if you got lost and ended up in the bush that is over 1/3rd of my property you might be slightly disconcerted; if they were following the traditional bush walk and ended up here they would have been walking in circles since about 10 this morning.

And also admittedly if you came into my backyard you might not really think you had reached civilisation and the guy waving a stick around was maybe some kind of balangolo nutter.

I would have quietly slunk off, Oh well youth and exuberance. Don't think I'll tell the girlfriend, that kind of thing worries her.

The new gym has just been christened with the new stereo blasting "Can I play with Madness". In a few weeks i have to reconfigure it for bikes on rollers for the EPO tour. Maybe I can lose enough weight that sensei doesn't shake his head each week. If there were more dojos I could join another one and pretend to have always been a fat bastard.

Oh and I caught a scorpion. Anyone know if the australian scorpions are actually dangerous? cute little things which would easily end up in my socks.

Into the "backyard", admittedly if you got lost and ended up in the bush that is over 1/3rd of my property you might be slightly disconcerted; if they were following the traditional bush walk and ended up here they would have been walking in circles since about 10 this morning.

And also admittedly if you came into my backyard you might not really think you had reached civilisation and the guy waving a stick around was maybe some kind of balangolo nutter.

I would have quietly slunk off, Oh well youth and exuberance. Don't think I'll tell the girlfriend, that kind of thing worries her.

The new gym has just been christened with the new stereo blasting "Can I play with Madness". In a few weeks i have to reconfigure it for bikes on rollers for the EPO tour. Maybe I can lose enough weight that sensei doesn't shake his head each week. If there were more dojos I could join another one and pretend to have always been a fat bastard.

Oh and I caught a scorpion. Anyone know if the australian scorpions are actually dangerous? cute little things which would easily end up in my socks.

Holy sh*t.

I caught some dude trying to rob me once. Asleep on the couch after a night shift. Woken up by a noise I walked into the hall there's this idiot coming out of my room. I go WTF? He starts bullsh*tting immediately and he knows that I know he's bullsh*tting. I'm between him and the door though. I tell him to f* off and he does luckily. Then I spend three days dwelling on what other scenarios might have ensued. The best ones of which involved extreme violence and me looking cool of course. :)

The best outcome is to make it look like you won't be an easy target, keep em talking and leave them (or preferably both of you) an escape route. Maintaining an air of confidence is important. This is where martial arts training helps I guess. It may even make violence less likely? I think most people will take an easier way out if they can and whilst may be criminal types are not necessarily complete psychos.

I think the further north you go the more dangerous the scorpions get. Like the people.

...This is where martial arts training helps I guess. It may even make violence less likely?

I like to think my training has made me fight a whole lot less. Being someone that was rabidly skinny and doing ballet meant I caught a fair amount of fights when younger.

When I hit thirty and started putting on weight I really enjoyed fighting as I had my skinny paranoid reflexes plus the weight to actually drop someone effectively. After so many years of being barely able to get out intact it was really good fun to put the punishment on the dickheads that started fights.

All things being equal though I now realise I might die in a fight and so i tend to avoid them, my mum says I look scary psycho when people sh*t me (she has done on a few occasions) so I guess that is most of why I don't have to much anymore.

I guess now also I don't get so much joy in winning and so the risk reward is skewed.

The bloodlust does still creep in though and when it does I feel like conan hehehe. I once didn't fight simply because I needed to take a dump and my "friend" had moved their targetting to us (friend was not super smart) and I felt this awesome voice of power come out which said "there will be no fighting, you sit the f*ck down, you go home" Hilariously enough they both did what they were told.

Then I went and took my dump.

This thread is like one of those long parables, where you wonder what the topic has to do with the thread title and then all becomes clear as a bell. :)

The moral is: plan ahead, dump often and dont get caught needing to. You never know what is around the corner.

The bloodlust does still creep in though and when it does I feel like conan hehehe. I once didn't fight simply because I needed to take a dump and my "friend" had moved their targetting to us (friend was not super smart) and I felt this awesome voice of power come out which said "there will be no fighting, you sit the f*ck down, you go home" Hilariously enough they both did what they were told.

techno-viking.jpg

I like to think my training has made me fight a whole lot less. Being someone that was rabidly skinny and doing ballet meant I caught a fair amount of fights when younger.

When I hit thirty and started putting on weight I really enjoyed fighting as I had my skinny paranoid reflexes plus the weight to actually drop someone effectively. After so many years of being barely able to get out intact it was really good fun to put the punishment on the dickheads that started fights.

All things being equal though I now realise I might die in a fight and so i tend to avoid them, my mum says I look scary psycho when people sh*t me (she has done on a few occasions) so I guess that is most of why I don't have to much anymore.

I guess now also I don't get so much joy in winning and so the risk reward is skewed.

I worked in pubs in carlton and south london for a few years all up. The duties amazing often called for a certain amount of "security" work. I wasn't in the least trained for this work but luckily for me there were others I worked with who were. Luckily also I am reasonably "solid". I realised diffusing a situation was the far better option after a very short time. I have a long history of smart mouth and non violence. ^_^

I don't want to create the impression that I am in any way proud of it but on the very rare occasions when trouble did come I felt an absolute rush of adrenalin. It has got to be a primitive lizard brain thing. Best to avoid at all costs in a modern society.