staringclown

The review thread

35 posts in this topic

aww no Miles Barlow posts :(

Wait till I lodge a review of pole dancing. ;)

lemme guess " a lot harder than it looks "

It's gonna take me several hours to explain... :)

Was my birthday yesterday and in celebration I left the house :)

Went to dinner at a reasonably new french restaurant in Pymble called Ad Lib (http://www.adlibbistro.com/). It is at the site of the Tables restaurant which closed a year or so back after killing a patron[1].

The cassoulet came with two little "sausage rolls" of picked duck meat and a good size heap of the bean stew. I had grabbed a side dish of cauliflower gratin just to make sure I wasn't starved at the end and didn't end up eating it all. Fish dish was pretty hefty too.

I'm out that way soon. Going to hit that.

Hubby and I went out without the kids for a casual dinner at Hog's Breath. I've never been there. I absolutely hated it. The place was so warm, I couldn't stand the thought of eating steak. I got the chicken caesar salad and the chicken was so dry I nearly choked on it. Like eating rope. By the time I'd half finished bits of cos lettuce and tiny pieces of bacon, I was sweating like crazy. It was like eating in an oven. They did have windows open, and a struggling air con, but the hot air from outside just made it so uncomfortable. We were nowhere near the aircon vents or windows and the waitresses practically ran past us all night because we were in line with the kitchens. Those curly fries aren't anything special. Just fries that curl. The calamari rings were alright, but that was it. We got out half way through our meal and went to Cold Rock to cool off.

The only thing I liked about Hogsbreath was the curly fries. :blush: Damn work lunches. I haven't been back since. 4/10.

The girls and I went out for dinner/live band and we decided to go to an air conditioned chinese restaurant (I don't know the name of the restaurant but it's down at Cleveland Harbourside). Had to wait over 1 & 1/2 hours for our food. Next time I won't order anything with onions. Honey king prawns were delish and so was the duck, hoisin sauce with pancakes. Great food, but bit of a wait. The waitress took our order, then half an hour later came back to take it again. 6/10

The taxi driver told me on the way back home which are the nightclubs to be at on a Sat night. Got felt up on the dance floor by some 6 foot blonde model -looking gal in a Victoria's Secret pink and black corset thing, little white shorts and stripper heels. lol. AND, another woman too grabbed my boobs, and pulled my top down. I had to escape from her. At least, I made friends :dontgetit:

Taste of Texas BBQ - Hole in the Wall, Pacific Hwy, Hornsby.

Get thee to the rib shack!  Ignore the beef brisket and Hickory Lamb (mere fillers for the uninitiated) and stay true to the pork ribs.

Seats about 18 at three picnic tables;  heavy takeaway business.   Only way it could be better is if it was in an actual shed.

Hot wings w Blue Cheese dip to start.  Then ribs in a cardboard takeaway box at the communal-table-of-bones.   BYOB.

Ribs ... good.   Brrrrrp!

The ribs sound good! I don't know if it is a fad but I have noticed an increase in the number of US/Mexican food outlets in Canberra. We have three new mexican restaurants in the CBD (loosely termed) Nothing like the old Taco den. Lots of beans and chargrilled flavours. We also have a new rib joint which I haven't tried yet. Doesn't aid the diet but I'm keen to see if their ribs are better than my home grown...  :drool:

Mexican, Proper Mexican is outrageously rare in 'strawlia.  Which is pretty incredible considering how basic and available most of the ingredients are.

…but it is a long drive from Mexico.  Or Texas.

I'm really hoping for more, but I hate to say there are few of that ilk I can recommend. And that makes me sad.