Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RumpledElf

New emoticons are in

22 posts in this topic

I'm trying to download a nice emoticon pack but teh intarwebs wants me to sign up for all and sundry to get one ...

Should have something happening soonish anyway, the lack of emoticons here is annoying.

I'm trying to download a nice emoticon pack but teh intarwebs wants me to sign up for all and sundry to get one ...

Should have something happening soonish anyway, the lack of emoticons here is annoying.

:)

Is this place any help? Claims to be free.

Free emoticons

Of course there is the ever present danger that emoticons will take over completely. That forum communication is reduced to a primitive form of heiroglyphs.

Of course there is the ever present danger that emoticons will take over completely. That forum communication is reduced to a primitive form of heiroglyphs.

:clap::wallbash::censored::bash::punk::jerry::shocking::fyou:

Says who.

I don't know whether this is the right place to request it, but - Is it possible to make the links to open in new windows, instead of in the main one? crybaby.gif

I don't know whether this is the right place to request it, but - Is it possible to make the links to open in new windows, instead of in the main one? crybaby.gif

Try now and see what happens, I think I changed the right thingy.

Something is wrong again. :-(

Me (and I'm sure many others) are losing the forum by forgetting to use the right button.

Can be fixed please?

Something is wrong again. :-(

Me (and I'm sure many others) are losing the forum by forgetting to use the right button.

Can be fixed please?

Its not 'wrong', it is default behaviour that you have to hack a file that I've completely forgotten which file it is to change the function to open links in a new window. Every upgrade the change gets overwritten and goes back to normal.

The reason is given as:

Proper standards for "today's web" state that you shouldn't dictate to a user how the link opens. The user can already control this themself by ctrl+clicking, right click -> open in new window, middle clicking, and a number of other options. In fact, in XHTML Strict doctype (which we use) there is no "target" attribute for the anchor tag anymore, so the specifications don't even *allow* you to control this.

Our setting resorts to a javascript method that can be added elsewhere if needed. Realistically, though, your members should be left to make this decision on their own imo.

Its not 'wrong', it is default behaviour that you have to hack a file that I've completely forgotten which file it is to change the function to open links in a new window. Every upgrade the change gets overwritten and goes back to normal.

The reason is given as:

I'm not a computer guy or something, but on my website I use: <a href="http://www.linked.website" target="_blank"> and it helps.

Sorry if my advice above is stupid...

I'm not a computer guy or something, but on my website I use: <a href="http://www.linked.website" target="_blank"> and it helps.

Sorry if my advice above is stupid...

That's what you need to put in the obscure file that I can't remember where it is.

IPB generates all its content by 'magic' and it is horrendously complex, and if you modify the default stuff it goes away each upgrade.

Links should open in a new window/tab now, anyway.

That's what you need to put in the obscure file that I can't remember where it is.

IPB generates all its content by 'magic' and it is horrendously complex, and if you modify the default stuff it goes away each upgrade.

Links should open in a new window/tab now, anyway.

Thank you, and also thanks for the middle click tip, it's amazing! :-)

Now don't ask for anything like that again :P

Needed a forum rebuild, which only took a few minutes because this is a very small forum in the scheme of things, but on a bigger forum ... argh ...