Plonk

Got Interest Rate thread

919 posts in this topic

Will Glen have the b@lls to follow?!

RBNZ hikes rates, notes success of LVR caps

Reminds of this book -

spookytree.jpg

Will the RBNZ introduce LVR controls? Yes, they dare!

Will the RBNZ raise interest rates? Yes, they dare!

Will the RBA do either? No, they don't!

I think the photo below is from the last RBA meeting:

Screen+shot+2013-09-30+at+6.50.13+PM.png

That would make sense as that is when I will have paid my mortgage off. The world revolves around me for some weird reason. I am starting to think it is the collection of "lucky" things I have (4 leaf clover, farvahar, omomamori etc) which have all been given to me over the years.

Moral of the story: if you want the world to work for you get people that believe in luck to give you their lucky things and treat those things right even if you don't believe in luck.

That would make sense as that is when I will have paid my mortgage off. The world revolves around me for some weird reason. I am starting to think it is the collection of "lucky" things I have (4 leaf clover, farvahar, omomamori etc) which have all been given to me over the years.

Moral of the story: if you want the world to work for you get people that believe in luck to give you their lucky things and treat those things right even if you don't believe in luck.

Can I borrow your lucky things? I don't believe in luck but I am I'm starting to believe the world does in fact revolve around you.  :)

Bill Evans has gone to neutral from a lowering bias. Stevens thinks the dollar is too high and will probably use macro prudential tools (if he does anything) rather than rate rises to dampen the Sydney property market (if jawboning doesn't work). I'm sticking with a rise end of the year at the earliest. 

That's if Grantham's latest predictions don't come to fruition. 

I found the following quote interesting from Kyle Bass:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-26/kyle-bass-chinas-contraction-and-feds-worst-nightmare

Bass advised against shorting Chinese equity as a way to capitalize on his forecast. Instead, he said, investors should look at China’s trading partners – Australia, New Zealand and Brazil. Those countries will be forced to loosen their monetary policy, raising rates and creating carry-trade opportunities.

If we follow the Kiwis in time, our rate rise should be at the end of this year

Unlikely now, but IMO, those 90 day yields are looking increasingly bullish.

post-148-0-00516200-1415353087_thumb.jpg

Unlikely now, but IMO, those 90 day yields are looking increasingly bullish.

That temporary exuberance is over. Looks like the main trend is reasserting again. Captain Glen may take steps in Feb/March to drop the $A to new lows.

post-148-0-51762200-1422008470_thumb.jpg

That temporary exuberance is over. Looks like the main trend is reasserting again. Captain Glen may take steps in Feb/March to drop the $A to new lows.

Very much looks like we will be one step closer to ZIRP next week!

post-148-0-14565000-1422613665_thumb.jpg

The RBA today reduced the OCR 25 basis points to 2.25%, a ten % reduction. 

New lows for the AUDUSD as well

Damn, I was hoping for a bounce to buy some yen...

I'm annoyed as the training I was intending to do in Japan (USD and JPY expenses) keeps getting more and more expensive.

I'm annoyed as the training I was intending to do in Japan (USD and JPY expenses) keeps getting more and more expensive.

I'd consider buying now as the rumour is another 75 point drop to save the economy before end of year. You'll only drop 6% on the exchange. Travel is expensive. 

Alternatively, Hockey could be gone by this time next week and things could be looking up...

I'd consider buying now as the rumour is another 75 point drop to save the economy before end of year. You'll only drop 6% on the exchange. Travel is expensive. 

Alternatively, Hockey could be gone by this time next week and things could be looking up...

Waiting to receive cash from the government so will likely be buying USD when I receive it.

On the flip side my little gold stash has never been worth more! (in AUD)