tor

Replication of expensive food

31 posts in this topic

This is another thread aimed at saving money rather than actually being frugal I guess, expensive food like takeaway pizza burgers and so on, aimed at making something that is equally easy for thise night when you just don't care anymore and the phone is an easy option.

Ideally any recipes will be aimed at pre work like last week when you did care and prepped for now when you don't.

So I occasionally enjoy an oportos chicken burger (admitedly mostly when I am travelling for work and have few options).

I spent a little bit of time on this marinade for the chicken and now have it to a point where the basic flavour is right.

Get 1 double chicken breast.

Beat the hell out of it so it is nice and flat (aim for about 5 mm, do this with gladwrap to make life easier)

Chop it up into bits about food you want to eat size.

Make marinade:

three fresh red chillis

four tablespoons lime juice

two tablespoons apple cider vinegar

four tablespoons peanut oil

one tablespoon cayenne pepper

3 cloves garlic crushed

one tablespoon spanish paprika

one teaspoon salt

Grind it all up and pour it over the chicken bits.

Whack the bloody lot in the freezer.

When you come home bored and tired pull it out as the thing you do when you walk in the door, put it in some water to thaw it.

Drink enough for the pain to go away.

BBQ / grill / stir fry the crap out of the chicken and eat it on tortillas or some instant rice or something. While cooking sprinkle a mix of chili pepper and cayenne powder if you feel frisky.

If you really need the oportos burger recipe I haven't worked that out yet.

I'm the only one in our household who would eat that :D I live with two kids and a bit of a picky eater.

We had hamburgers today. They certainly aren't quick to make, but you could do some in advance. They're pretty cheap if you go basic ingredients and depending on how much salad you stuff into them and whether or not you use a multigrain bun or something they are actually fairly healthy.

Need:

Damper rolls. These are MUCH nicer than anything tagged 'hamburger roll' in the supermarket.

A tomato, 2 if you have small tomatoes or lots of people

An onion, ditto tomatoes

Cheese of some sort. Kraft singles for kiddies, maybe you want Tasmanian camembert if you're a cheese snob.

Something green - we had a cucumber, lettuce & pickles is probably better. Baby spinach leaves for the snobs.

1 egg per person + 1 more

Bacon. Everything is better with bacon.

500 grams quality mince - makes about 6 patties.

Worcestershire sauce

Steak spice or whatever random mix of salt, pepper and other you want to add

Breadcrumbs or dry stale bread - equivalent of about 2-3 slices worth, less if your mince is already dry, more if it is very 'wet'.

Cut up the tomato and green things, put to one side.

Slice up the onion, fry it, put it to one side.

Ditto bacon, put aside with the onions to keep each other warm.

While the bacon is frying, mix up the mince, breadcrumbs, an egg, a good splash of worcestershire and the spices. Make into patties.

Cook em, either in their own pan or have a HUGE frypan so you can fit patties *and* bacon in there.

Cook the eggs right at the end - eggs are really fast to fry.

Assemble burgers. Be warned, this makes for REALLY big burgers.

Eat.

I'm going to print that burger recipe. Thanks.

Also, Slowcooker. Can turn a 50c/kg old sandshoe into a fall apart tender delight.

Eg. Get a cheap lamb leg, mix a third of a jar of Rogan Josh paste with a big can of chopped toms. Pour mixture on top, set to low and 7 hours later its ready.

google slow cooker recipes.

Good to see I can still read your posts somewhere Tinpusher.

On the slowcooked meals; stews and the like are good on a cold night, but I struggle enjoying them in summer. Curries I can eat any time of year. Even middle of summer with a cold beer so the Rogan Josh would be right up my alley.

yeah really good to see you here tinny.

i have a pressure cooker and a slow cooker. for some reason i like the pressure cooker more , i think cooking where i may die in an explosion any second , adds some excitement to the recipe.

no real recipes from me, chilli con carnage is one thing i liked to cook in it. everything gets infused with chilli.

chicken bits before i make a curry. also go well in pressure cooker. and of course soups. but its been a while since i made soups.

i have a pressure cooker and a slow cooker. for some reason i like the pressure cooker more , i think cooking where i may die in an explosion any second , adds some excitement to the recipe.

no real recipes from me, chilli con carnage is one thing i liked to cook in it. everything gets infused with chilli.

chicken bits before i make a curry. also go well in pressure cooker. and of course soups. but its been a while since i made soups.

When you cook your chilli con add a heaped tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa. Mexican mole is basically a curry paste type stuff made with cocoa. Cocoa without sugar is a vastly different flavour (try it gaaahhhh). Beautiful in chilli/mexican.

When you cook a curry fry the onions, meat/chicken with your curry paste, ingrediants on a low heat without anything else in your deep saucepan and let the juices leach out and cook the product. Generally the fluid in the meat/chicken will cover the lot. Must stir regularly.

Satay sauce: half a jar of peanut butter (which is just blended peanuts) a can of coconut milk, some soy sauce (two tablespoons) and a lashing of Indian or Malay curry powder (and water if it gets gluggy). Chilli to taste. Stit over moderate heat. Add to steak below...

Lastly steaks: A Rocky Mt cattle rancher taught me...(assuming 3/4 in) put it on hot grill bars on barbie for 7min, turn...7 mins (do not do a side twice). Quick flip for seconds to clean the side and then serve.

I'll post more recipes soon (I love cooking/creating sh*t in the kitchen and learning from travels and sharing).

Cocoa in Chilli gooseman. You heard it here (common in Puerto Vallarta).

I have the slowcooker on as we speak. We get part lamb sides sometimes, so you get this bizarre unidentifiable collection of weird meat hidden under the nice chops in the pack. Cook that for a few hours in the slowcooker until it is well done with some garlic and chicken stock, let it cool, then get really messy picking all the meat off the bones (try not to eat too much while doing this - the meat comes out EXTREMELY nice). There'll be a really thick layer of hard fat on top to throw out and a layer of gelatine under that that feels really disgusting while you're shredding the meat.

Toss it back in the pot with a chopped onion, carrot, whatever is cheap and green at the supermarket (celery, usually), and a tin of really cheap and nasty baked beans. The lamb flavour is usually strong enough you don't need that many extra spices. Might need a sprinkle of flour to thicken it. If you have a *good* cut of lamb you skip the pre-cooking and shredding thing.

Similar thing works with gravy beef but you don't need to pre-cook the meat. Just throw em in with a few veggies, garlic, tin of peeled tomatoes, maybe a spoonful of gravy powder.

These things are brilliant to get ready the night before, turn on low just before you go to work and they're done when you get back. Leeks work particularly well as a vegetable in slowcookers.

Then there's pea and ham soup:

Bacon bones, pre-cooked overnight with a cup or two of water in the bottom of the slowcooker and some garlic and pepper if you want. Then the meat shredded off the next day. Soak half a packet of green split peas overnight too. Then throw everything back in the pot for a day, with some diced veggies in it if you want to. Cook until the peas disintegrate. Run a stick blender through it at the end if you want too, personally I like the chunky variety with carrots and stuff floating around in it.

My slowcooker is currently on experimental mode - I've got the weird lamb in there, a carrot, onion, a potato the baby chewed the end off so it has to get used, garlic, coriander, cumin, white pepper and cloves. I'm trying to replicate something I had at an Indian restaurant a really long time ago. It smells the same so far :)

Ludicrously good spare ribs:

Some Pork spare ribs

Honey about a handful (do not use hand to measure)

Ginger from the freezer grated, about a handful (see above)

Soy sauce, lots

Chillis, also from the freezer, 3

Sesame oil, some

Grab one of those tinfoil takeaway type containers. I use the large one which only just fits 4 spare ribs if you put them in vertically.

Don't put the ribs in I was just saying so you know what size I was talking about.

Put the honey in the bottom, put the grated ginger on top, chop the chillis up good and thin put them on top. Pout in some soy just a couple table spoons.

Mix it around a bit, depends on your honey type here but try and get it a little mixed up, I was thinking of heating it in a water bath or something but couldn't be arsed.

Put the spare ribs in, smoosh them down good. Top up the container with soy til it is a centimetre from the top, top it off with sesame oil to the point where you are confident carrying it.

Whack the lot in the fridge for a couple hours (this was because I did these on the Big Green Egg barbecue with other stuff, if you go oven probably no need).

Set cooking temp to about 220F / 100C (if oven pre heat for over temp safety).

Put tinfoil dealy with ribs in it into hot place. Go drink beer.

I chose:

A couple little creatures pale ale, nice during the hot bit of the day

Some dog bolter I found in the bottle shop today, bad choice really, doesn't match food or temperature, nice beer though

Erdinger wheat beer, this was where I should have started and stayed.

Pear flavoured absolut in the fridge, grab a quick shot when refreshing the beer

After 3 hours turn the pork over, sort of like a vertical flip, you want the top bit back in the juicy stuff. If you have it all submerged skip to the snooze step.

When you are a little drunk have a snooze. I chose the couch for this occasion.

Worked well, I have one of those fancy Dyson fans which have no blades so I could leave the parrots out during the snooze period with the fan on and no concerns (except rolling onto them and they are pretty nimble / vicious).

After about 6 or 7 hoursremove ribs.

In this case I then reduced the cooking sauce by boiling it for a bit. Served with rice and a somen noodle salad on the side. Put ribs on top with a little sauce and a side dipping pot of reduced sauce, massively sticky.

In terms of effort required (10 minutes actual work) and beer drunk (7 hours of "I am cooking and so allowed to drink") this recipe worked well. A moderately sober person commented that it was good too so it wasn't just the booze.

Pressure cookers are brilliant. Does the same job of the slow cooker in one quarter of the time. Although I have found that you can't really do anything with a sauce that's too thick. Burns on the bottom. You need to reduce the liquid after cooking (ie lid off)

Some Pork spare ribs

Soy sauce, lots

Sesame oil, some

Grab one of those tinfoil takeaway type containers. I use the large one which only just fits 4 spare ribs if you put them in vertically.

Don't put the ribs in I was just saying so you know what size I was talking about.

Put the honey in the bottom, put the grated ginger on top, chop the chillis up good and thin put them on top. Pout in some soy just a couple table spoons.

Mix it around a bit, depends on your honey type here but try and get it a little mixed up, I was thinking of heating it in a water bath or something but couldn't be arsed.

Put the spare ribs in, smoosh them down good. Top up the container with soy til it is a centimetre from the top, top it off with sesame oil to the point where you are confident carrying it.

Whack the lot in the fridge for a couple hours (this was because I did these on the Big Green Egg barbecue with other stuff, if you go oven probably no need).

I chose:

Some dog bolter I found in the bottle shop today, bad choice really, doesn't match food or temperature, nice beer though

Pear flavoured absolut in the fridge, grab a quick shot when refreshing the beer

After 3 hours turn the pork over, sort of like a vertical flip, you want the top bit back in the juicy stuff. If you have it all submerged skip to the snooze step.

Worked well, I have one of those fancy Dyson fans which have no blades so I could leave the parrots out during the snooze period with the fan on and no concerns (except rolling onto them and they are pretty nimble / vicious).

In this case I then reduced the cooking sauce by boiling it for a bit. Served with rice and a somen noodle salad on the side. Put ribs on top with a little sauce and a side dipping pot of reduced sauce, massively sticky.

In terms of effort required (10 minutes actual work) and beer drunk (7 hours of "I am cooking and so allowed to drink") this recipe worked well. A moderately sober person commented that it was good too so it wasn't just the booze.

:lol:

There's a place down in Bondi that does great ribs (Hurricanes)

I have tried and come fairly close to replicating their recipe.

American style ribs

Tomato sauce (1/2 cup)

Smoky barbeque sauce (1/2 cup)

Brown sugar (1/2 cup packed)

white wine vinegar (1/4 cup)

spices (fairly flexible here coriander, pepper, paprika, cayenne, chilli, maybe a touch a cumin)

celery seeds - these are essential to the dish and "lighten" the flavour 1 tsp

1 cup of water

liquid smoke (optional - but it does make the ribs smokier) 1/4 tsp

Don't add garlic it takes over

You can either cook the ribs in the pressure cooker for 10 minutes before putting in the oven. This is preferred if you want the ribs a bit more tender or you are short of time

or you can long slow cook in a fan forced oven (160C 2.5 hours) (These come out a bit chewier if you like them like that)

The idea is that you don't marinade the ribs but rather paint on the sauce. let it dry of a bit (10-15 minutes (pressure cooker method) 20-25 for oven only) and then repeat then turn the ribs until the sauce is used up. The effect you are after is a thick coating of slightly caramelised sauce. The pressure cooker method requires less time in the oven overall (maybe 45 mins to an hour)

It's a bit intensive but the results are spectacular.

A good quick cook recipe if you like thai is Larb gai

1/2 kilo of chicken mince

1-2 Tablespoons of corn flour

white pepper

salt

Mix all the above into a thick but not too thick paste

fry in a wok breaking up as you go. Your after a bit of clumping of the chicken (the cornflour is designed to achieve this effect and make the mince non watery)

set aside in fridge for 20 minutes

One cup fresh coriander leaves, 1 cup mint leaves, one small red onion finely sliced, 1 cup shredded cabbage, fresh red chillies all tossed together

Dressing lime juice and fish sauce and touch of garlic

mix everything up chill if you like but best eaten fresh.

Serve with a nice WA sav blanc or mexican beer :)

OK peeps - you in for a treat. Some of you Melbourne people may be aware of the South Melbourne market dim sim. A salty little delight. Well, I left Melbourne over 6 years ago and I've been experimenting for these long years trying to replicate the little buggers. (Almost a PhD in dim sims) For those that are unaware of the history of the dim sim the original South Melbourne market dim sim became what most of you old enough to have been there at the inception of the chicko roll will recognize as a full size, yellow takeaway dim sim. (Not like the current model) I happy to report a recent breakthrough. If you do a search for Sth Melb dim sims then you will find only sui mai recipes which in no way resemble the original. This recipe is as close to the original as I have managed so far...

Here goes...

Ingredients:

1.5 kg Pork belly (minced coursely) if you don't have a mincer two cleavers can achieve the same result) + hand mincing will be vaguely satisfying.

1/2 cabbage finely shredded and steamed to wilting point then squeeze out excess moisture by placing in a tea towel and squeezing

5-6 tablespoons of cornflour for binding

6 spring onions finely chopped

1/2 teaspoon of chinese five spice

splash of chinese wine (shao tsing)

same of light soy

2 - 3 teaspoons of white pepper

same of salt (or not but the original is quite salty)

Make egg pasta dough (for the skins) You can use chinese egg wrappers but they are too small to construct a "full size" dimmy. Roll to '7' thick using your pasta maker.

form meatballs and wrap in the pasta. The cornflour should aid the sticking of the pastry to the meat.

Steam for at least 20 minutes (you can then optionally fry them for the full take away effect but make sure you let them dry of bit after steaming (other wise spitting oil is a bit dangerous.

Serve after a heavy night of beer drinking. ;)

A few thoughts on replicating KFC at home. Came quite close to it tonight. You can adapt the recipe for your own tastes but the fundamentals still apply. (Go for the full 11 secret herbs and spices) But this recipe is licensed under the GPL so please contribute any awesome variations. If I catch you opening a franchise I will be very cross indeed.

Strictly speaking this recipe is for "Buffalo wings" but these are really glorified southern fried chicken. A warning: it's not an everyday food. BUT @3.99kg for chicken wings it is cheap as. These are genuinely better than the sad, soggy chicken mush that KFC serves because they are fresh and crunchy. Gather round.

Get your 1kg chicken wings, combine in a big bowl with 1/2 cup plain flour + 2 tbsp rice flour (This is what gives crunchiness*), 2tsp paprika, 1 tsp chilli/cayenne, 1 tsp salt, (Any other of the other secret ones - I suspect thyme, oregano, rosemary, sage, cumin/coriander (It's southern and there's mexicos influence?), white pepper, :huh: Who knows?

Put the lot in the fridge for 1 hour. When you pull it out of the fridge it will look sticky and the will still be a bit a dry flour scattered about and this is good. This is important and my second tip*.

Take it out of the fridge. Heat some oil (about an inch and a half) in a heavy based saucepan. (Remove all children and drunk people) from kitchen.

Here's the third tip*. Oil shouldn't be smoking, if it is add a touch more oil to cool it down.

Tip 4. The three stages of frying chicken. It will sizzle first. This is good as it's sealing the moisture. Then it will pop as the hot moisture that is cooking the chicken begins to come out of the chicken and into the oil. Then it will go quieter and still be bubbling but most moistsure gone and a nice KFC colour. (Not dark all over but bits of the chicken dark) Nice tan.

Drain the chicken of excess oil. Better than KFC for under $5.

The extra yard is the sauce that you may or may not choose to coat the chicken. Combine butter (3 Tbsp), tomato sauce (1 Tbsp), dash worcester sauce, as much tabasco as you can stand (I used 4 Tbsp) black pepper

Tip 1: Rice flour adds crunchiness

Tip 2: Fridge one hour

Tip 3: If oil is to hot add a little more oil to cool it down

Tip 4: "listen" to the chicken frying and notice the stages. (loud (sizzling) quieter louder(gas escaping) quieter == done (check colour)

Get your 1kg chicken wings, combine in a big bowl with 1/2 cup plain flour + 2 tbsp rice flour (This is what gives crunchiness*), 2tsp paprika, 1 tsp chilli/cayenne, 1 tsp salt, (Any other of the other secret ones - I suspect thyme, oregano, rosemary, sage, cumin/coriander (It's southern and there's mexicos influence?), white pepper, huh.gif Who knows?

I think you're right on the cayenne and paprika. I think there might be garlic powder and onion powder too, or just the garlic powder. It's pretty cheap from the supermarket.

I think you're right on the cayenne and paprika. I think there might be garlic powder and onion powder too, or just the garlic powder. It's pretty cheap from the supermarket.

Excellent suggestions. Almost cajun style and I'll bet they are in KFC.

I like my wings chopped Hooters style.

http://www.hotsauceblog.com/hotsaucearchives/how-to-make-hot-wings-a-step-by-step-guide/

Tin watching the Hockey in Canada (I wish they wouldn't stand in the way all the time)..

100_hooters.jpg

OG%20hooters_girl.jpg

Make them bloody hot then use a Blue Cheese dipping sauce...

Blue cheese sauce

# 75g (1/4 cup) light sour cream

# 65g (1/4 cup) mayonnaise

# 80g Castello blue cheese, coarsely chopped

# 1 tsp fresh lemon juice

# 1 small garlic clove, crushed

(Blend, you may need a touch of water)

Serve:

hooters-wings.jpg

http://www.hotsauceblog.com/hotsaucearchives/how-to-make-hot-wings-a-step-by-step-guide/

Tin watching the Hockey in Canada (I wish they wouldn't stand in the way all the time)..

100_hooters.jpg

OG%20hooters_girl.jpg

Hooters is where I stole the base recipe above from. :smoke: They certainly have some very hot, spicy little chickens...

And the wings aint bad either. boom! boom! :P

...Make them bloody hot then use a Blue Cheese dipping sauce...

Blue cheese sauce

During my "Weekend of Science" a couple weeks back where I compared, I think, 5 different ways of making wings my new version, which is very similar to the above but obviously will be improved by that info as it was a first go, came second or first. Second if you realise that the wings I make for me are the best, First if you happen to be a person that does not like my wings.

I did a blue cheese dipping sauce.

Equal parts

Sour cream (light simply because it never goes off so I can always have it in the fridge)

Mayonnaise (I like SW Whole egg mayo as it is good for the KFC coleslaw so I always have 2 or 3 backup jars, buy them when they are $6, again they don't seem to ever go off)

Blue Cheese. I couldn't bring myself to use Castello, too much vegemite harshness so I used a gorgonzola and nibbled extra bits while working)

2 or 3 cloves of garlic depending on the garlic craziness and clove size (I used 3 large cloves with about 100g of each of the above and it worked well)

Bash the cloves in a mortar and pestle, add the cheese and bash a little then used a fork to break it up. Stirred the cream and mayo through.

Lemon juice I added in drops til it tasted about right to my official taster.

Apparently it was great. I thought it was okay but I was more into the crazy wings.

Crazy wings.

Melt a chunk of butter (250g or so) in a pot on the stove

Add a good 5 or 6 tablespoons of tobasco sauce

A teaspoon of cayenne pepper

A teaspoon of brown sugar

Lots of ground pepper

Splash of apple cider vinegar

Trim the wings, put in container and pour buttery mixture all over. Leave to sit in the fridge for a bit.

Chuck in oven at 180 for a bit. Flip them once in a while. When almost cooked rark the oven up to a million degrees to get a bit of burning on the outside.

The satay chicken wings which used to be number one for the other consumer in the house have now fallen below a recipe similar to the above but a first attempt, I will steal the above next time.

Some Pork spare ribs

Soy sauce, lots

Sesame oil, some

I chose:

I did this to some goat ribs over the weekend. Turned out very well - thanks for the recipe, Tor.

A few thoughts on replicating KFC at home. Came quite close to it tonight. You can adapt the recipe for your own tastes but the fundamentals still apply. (Go for the full 11 secret herbs and spices) But this recipe is licensed under the GPL so please contribute any awesome variations. If I catch you opening a franchise I will be very cross indeed.

Strictly speaking this recipe is for "Buffalo wings" but these are really glorified southern fried chicken. A warning: it's not an everyday food. BUT @3.99kg for chicken wings it is cheap as. These are genuinely better than the sad, soggy chicken mush that KFC serves because they are fresh and crunchy. Gather round.

Get your 1kg chicken wings, combine in a big bowl with 1/2 cup plain flour + 2 tbsp rice flour (This is what gives crunchiness*), 2tsp paprika, 1 tsp chilli/cayenne, 1 tsp salt, (Any other of the other secret ones - I suspect thyme, oregano, rosemary, sage, cumin/coriander (It's southern and there's mexicos influence?), white pepper, :huh: Who knows?

Put the lot in the fridge for 1 hour. When you pull it out of the fridge it will look sticky and the will still be a bit a dry flour scattered about and this is good. This is important and my second tip*.

Take it out of the fridge. Heat some oil (about an inch and a half) in a heavy based saucepan. (Remove all children and drunk people) from kitchen.

Here's the third tip*. Oil shouldn't be smoking, if it is add a touch more oil to cool it down.

Tip 4. The three stages of frying chicken. It will sizzle first. This is good as it's sealing the moisture. Then it will pop as the hot moisture that is cooking the chicken begins to come out of the chicken and into the oil. Then it will go quieter and still be bubbling but most moistsure gone and a nice KFC colour. (Not dark all over but bits of the chicken dark) Nice tan.

Drain the chicken of excess oil. Better than KFC for under $5.

The extra yard is the sauce that you may or may not choose to coat the chicken. Combine butter (3 Tbsp), tomato sauce (1 Tbsp), dash worcester sauce, as much tabasco as you can stand (I used 4 Tbsp) black pepper

Tip 1: Rice flour adds crunchiness

Tip 2: Fridge one hour

Tip 3: If oil is to hot add a little more oil to cool it down

Tip 4: "listen" to the chicken frying and notice the stages. (loud (sizzling) quieter louder(gas escaping) quieter == done (check colour)

Excellent suggestions. Almost cajun style and I'll bet they are in KFC.

100_hooters.jpg

OG%20hooters_girl.jpg

Blue cheese sauce

Serve:

hooters-wings.jpg

Hooters is where I stole the base recipe above from. :smoke: They certainly have some very hot, spicy little chickens...

And the wings aint bad either. boom! boom! :P

During my "Weekend of Science" a couple weeks back where I compared, I think, 5 different ways of making wings my new version, which is very similar to the above but obviously will be improved by that info as it was a first go, came second or first. Second if you realise that the wings I make for me are the best, First if you happen to be a person that does not like my wings.

I did a blue cheese dipping sauce.

Equal parts

Sour cream (light simply because it never goes off so I can always have it in the fridge)

Mayonnaise (I like SW Whole egg mayo as it is good for the KFC coleslaw so I always have 2 or 3 backup jars, buy them when they are $6, again they don't seem to ever go off)

Blue Cheese. I couldn't bring myself to use Castello, too much vegemite harshness so I used a gorgonzola and nibbled extra bits while working)

2 or 3 cloves of garlic depending on the garlic craziness and clove size (I used 3 large cloves with about 100g of each of the above and it worked well)

Bash the cloves in a mortar and pestle, add the cheese and bash a little then used a fork to break it up. Stirred the cream and mayo through.

Lemon juice I added in drops til it tasted about right to my official taster.

Apparently it was great. I thought it was okay but I was more into the crazy wings.

Crazy wings.

Melt a chunk of butter (250g or so) in a pot on the stove

Add a good 5 or 6 tablespoons of tobasco sauce

A teaspoon of cayenne pepper

A teaspoon of brown sugar

Lots of ground pepper

Splash of apple cider vinegar

Trim the wings, put in container and pour buttery mixture all over. Leave to sit in the fridge for a bit.

Chuck in oven at 180 for a bit. Flip them once in a while. When almost cooked rark the oven up to a million degrees to get a bit of burning on the outside.

The satay chicken wings which used to be number one for the other consumer in the house have now fallen below a recipe similar to the above but a first attempt, I will steal the above next time.

It was always about the food. My wife used to drag me there kicking, screaming and protesting on Wing Wednesdays.

hooters-poster.jpg

I'm just elevating this to the front so I haven't to look on Superbowl day

I'm just elevating this to the front so I haven't to look on Superbowl day

I thought the game was over. I'm sure I heard a result on the news. ***** won.

You got buffalo wings tonight TP? I still haven't made that blue cheese sauce. Every time I try my heart starts twingeing. Or is it the pouring of liquid butter on the deep fried wings. ^_^

I thought the game was over. I'm sure I heard a result on the news. ***** won.

You got buffalo wings tonight TP? I still haven't made that blue cheese sauce. Every time I try my heart starts twingeing. Or is it the pouring of liquid butter on the deep fried wings. ^_^

Recorded the game so I could skip the advertisements. Indeed...wings, blue cheese dressing, some green sticks and beer. :thumbsup: