Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cobran20

Nine Network revives The Block

29 posts in this topic

Interesting to see how one of the original block places is going. But the most interesting thing for me was how much they lost value between 2003 and 2005- peak g\rowth times in Sydney I though?

"The James family pay $750 a week for the privilege of living in the ground floor flat, which sold in The Block auction in 2003 for $670,000. Two years later it sold for $560,500. Unit three, which sold for $655,000 in 2003, sold for $555,000 in 2005. Unit four, which sold for $747,000 in 2003, went for just $18,000 more than in 2009. The 2003 buyers of unit one, who paid $751,000, still own it."

http://theage.domain.com.au/real-estate-news/reality-reno-stands-the-test-of-time-20120706-21md6.html

I saw advertised a new episode of The Block. The results of the sales at the end should be interesting. Also how well the show rates should give a good indication on the mood of the herd about property.

I saw advertised a new episode of The Block. The results of the sales at the end should be interesting. Also how well the show rates should give a good indication on the mood of the herd about property.

Those results confirm that we need more interest rate cuts! rolleyes.gif

South Australian twins Alisa and Lysandra Fraser win The Block Sky High

SOUTH Australian twins Alisa and Lysandra Fraser have won The Block Sky High after a frenzied bidding war that saw all five teams earn big money at auction.

The five auctions netted an astounding $1.383 million in prize money for the 10 contestants on Channel 9's renovation show....