Charles Bukowski

Repossessions and mortgage stress soar

43 posts in this topic

I would probably also vote for the guy that has a habit of killing people. I might look for a plane ticket but until I was out of there I would be saying "go man go".

He didn't start killing the population until later.

Earlier in his political career he was strongly for the german people, handing out bread and giving them work.

The people voted for him because he gave them a way out of the depression mate, not fear.

He didn't start killing the population until later.

Earlier in his political career he was strongly for the german people, handing out bread and giving them work.

The people voted for him because he gave them a way out of the depression mate, not fear.

I mean the assassinations in the night of the long knives which were done apparently a year after he achieved effective dictatorship.

My question is why would he assassinate all those people a year after he had won effective dictatorship which I think is what you have said in your quotes.

My follow up statement is that yes I would probably vote for someone that assassinated everyone that opposed him too.

You think Rudd wants to be remeberred as the leader who crashed the Aussie property market? Though it is likely he will end up with that reputation, it was probably a very unlkely possibility from his POV when he made his 'lets spend heaps on housing' descisions.

I think Rudd will end up with that reputation no matter what he does this year.:P

I mean the assassinations in the night of the long knives which were done apparently a year after he achieved effective dictatorship.

My question is why would he assassinate all those people a year after he had won effective dictatorship which I think is what you have said in your quotes.

My follow up statement is that yes I would probably vote for someone that assassinated everyone that opposed him too.

He didn't have a dictatorship until Hindenburg died mate, he was still fearful of not only the SA, but also the military as well.

Whilst he had effective democratic leadership, he was still the target of internal political interests, especially those from military sources.

Back in those days a military coup wasn't out of the question. Whilst Hitler had his own agenda, he still had a big target on his head.

It wasn't until he was able to rework the constitution for all the military and parliament to swear fealty to the fuhrer himself that he had complete control and an effective dictatorship in Germany.

The democratic elections were honestly only the first stage of him having complete power in the country. He still had to dismantle parliament, take over the military and replace the SA with the SS before he had complete control.

But even then, the population were still behind him all the way as during this time he was very active in the economical sense, with massive public projects (like the Autobarn) which increased the workforce publically by about 3 or 4 million at the time.

Hitler's rise to power wasn't an overnight thing - it actually took years and even after the first invasions began, he STILL had the vote of support from the German people.

Hitler wasn't even at the height of his power until he had taken France and during that period, Germany was the best performing economy in the world.

With the fears of war lessening and the prosperity of the german nation and many of the old losses from WW1 avenged, Hitler enjoyed a massive popularity with his people. Even internationally they loved the guy... fark even the US emissary at the time had nothing but praise for what Hitler was doing!

Edited by Firefly

e47ab2990ac5.png

Off-topic to buggery!

Lol yer, sorry about that. WW2 is something of an interesting lesson in human history, propeganda and the effects of corruption in high places. Sort of a pet topic of mine so if people bring it up I tend to swing into discussing it.

Back to your regularly scheduled program...

I wann see him swinging around on webs:)

I agree.

That would be rope sized web threads!!!

Sorry, its not good virtue to make fun of overweight people.

I agree.

That would be rope sized web threads!!!

Sorry, its not good virtue to make fun of overweight people.

I don't see what's funny, with the keg belly he looks more like a real spider than the original spiderman.

Was hoping to get back on topic... :P

Okay, if my talking about 1939 foreign politics is considered off topic... what a mother fark is all THIS crap since?

:blink:

Okay, if my talking about 1939 foreign politics is considered off topic... what a mother fark is all THIS crap since?

:blink:

They've repossessed spidies web, and now he has to live on the street!!!

They've repossessed spidies web, and now he has to live on the street!!!

He seems to be struggling to feed himself since we saw him last

spiderman-12126.jpg

He seems to be struggling to feed himself since we saw him last

spiderman-12126.jpg

No that's an old pic. He doubles every 7 years. Unless that pic was taken after the "bust".