staringclown

Bubble trouble for RBA

83 posts in this topic

That's YOUR opinion.

If you're willing to step into MY country and start laying down accusations and not expect a little flack in return then you're naive in the extreme.

Problem is, I can't debate a topic of point with you when you're already a bias participant in the discussion.

Fact is, the government has been very bad in recent times on many things, including local investment in education and it's only this reason that has seen the need for you to even get a visa into the country.

But ask any Gen X/Y about your presence here and you're likely to get the same response - piss off back to where you came from.

I'm Australian born and bred, if you're coming from OS with an attitude, you're likely to get a kick in the arse back to where you came from.

f*ck me, I wouldn't dream of going to the USA atm with their problems and tell the locals 'if you want a home, get a better job'

They'd likely shoot me for such an insult, and rightly so.

But as you can imagine, I don't hesitate to aim sites at any demographic I think has a hand to play and as a local, I resent your presence in this nation as competition for both jobs and resources.

You see, you might have a condescending attitude to the locals on your own ideals, but only the foolish would think to rub them into other people's faces.

Thugs those people on the coast might be, but you have to wonder what would drive such people to such a riotous act in the first place.

You make it sound like it's just one demographic that thinks this way.

You'd be wrong.

I'm just one of the few who won't spare you the social niceties to tell you how I really think on the subject.

We have a tough enough time dealing with the unfair competition our aging political demographics and tax system provides us, imports from OS are not helping the situation I'm afraid and you're unlikely to find a warm handshake from anyone in my position looking for a place to live.

Call it racist if you prefer, but I'm just being a realist about it.

If someone I want to vote for politically has an agenda to remove the skilled immigrants from our shores, I'll vote for it. I don't want you here and I don't need you here either and that's the bottom line.

That's YOUR opinion.

If you're willing to step into MY country and start laying down accusations and not expect a little flack in return then you're naive in the extreme.

Problem is, I can't debate a topic of point with you when you're already a bias participant in the discussion.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. the implication being you're not biased?

You see, you might have a condescending attitude to the locals on your own ideals, but only the foolish would think to rub them into other people's faces.

good thing you're not guilty of either of those sins.'

Thugs those people on the coast might be, but you have to wonder what would drive such people to such a riotous act in the first place.

a combination of xenophobia and ignorance?

I'm just one of the few who won't spare you the social niceties to tell you how I really think on the subject.

yeah i really respect the rebel who won't let facts get in the way of his opinion. you are the sarah palin of S&S

We have a tough enough time dealing with the unfair competition our aging political demographics and tax system provides us, imports from OS are not helping the situation I'm afraid and you're unlikely to find a warm handshake from anyone in my position looking for a place to live.

Call it racist if you prefer, but I'm just being a realist about it.

no you are being ignorant and obnoxious about it. you lump all immigrants together and try to paint them as dole bludging losers with no qualifications. That's not being a realist.

If someone I want to vote for politically has an agenda to remove the skilled immigrants from our shores, I'll vote for it. I don't want you here and I don't need you here either and that's the bottom line.

remember that next time you or one of your family members is being treated by a skilled immigrant doctor, dentist, teacher or other professional. i'm sure you will refuse their services because you don't need them. just sit in the emergency room and bleed till true blue dinky-di aussie doctor shows up.

nobody's really arguing against your opinion or your right to an opinion or your right to vote for who you like--i dunno why you are bringing that up. all this started because you started throwing around unsupported allegations about immigrants and how all they do is leech off the system. vote for whoever the hell you like, just check your facts before you start trashing immigrants. you are the one who started this slagging match so don't go trying to pretend that you are being attacked and are nobly standing up for yourself. its the other way around. you started tossing about absurd generalisations and the people who actually know something about the immigration process it hit back.

But ask any Gen X/Y about your presence here and you're likely to get the same response - piss off back to where you came from.

erm. i can really only think of a couple of people here who are likely to say that...

That's YOUR opinion.

It's now MY country too. I'm a net benefit to the economy with the taxes I pay and income I spend. I'm not laying down accusations, I'm merely pointing out some flaws in your arguments that, with a little introspection and a bit of hard work you CAN fix :). I've actually earned my right to live here while you got a leg up by having been born here by a fluke of fate.

I'm biased and you are not? I can actually see your point of view, but you can't see mine, so I'd say on the bias scale I'm way closer to being objective than you :). Back where I come from (and where you'll tell me to p*** off in just a moment) there has been a large influx of cheap migrants from nearby countries. It's a real problem and they do undercut local workers' wages by a factor of 10 sometimes, and they are justly being resented for it. However, the problems we have here in Australia are NOTHING compared to that.

f*ck me, I wouldn't dream of going to the USA atm with their problems and tell the locals 'if you want a home, get a better job'

Don't twist my words, I didn't say that. I said if you want better pay, get a better job. Housing is not miraculously 3x the average migrant income while it's 10x of the 'born and bred' worker income, we're in the same boat here.

I don't have a condescending attitude towards the locals, far from it. Most people I've met are very hard-working and deserving individuals. I've seen some slackers, sure, but I can't pinpoint the exact demographic from where the slackers come from - the sample is too small, I don't want to generalise.

I understand your resentment, and I'll repeat once again for the last time: you have problems, you fix them. Nobody's going to come and give you a fistful of money just because you were born here. Regardless of the accident of birth, you have to work hard to get something in life. It's a reality in many other countries around the world nowadays that you have to compete not just against the local workforce, but against the whole pool of available workforce anywhere in the world: people on one project can be brought in from France, the US, Australia and Malaysia. Deal with it. It's not going to go away no matter how much energy you waste by protesting against it.

nobody's really arguing against your opinion or your right to an opinion or your right to vote for who you like--i dunno why you are bringing that up. all this started because you started throwing around unsupported allegations about immigrants and how all they do is leech off the system. vote for whoever the hell you like, just check your facts before you start trashing immigrants. you are the one who started this slagging match so don't go trying to pretend that you are being attacked and are nobly standing up for yourself. its the other way around. you started tossing about absurd generalisations and the people who actually know something about the immigration process it hit back.

Whoa, thank you urchin. I think it's time for me to take a break and cool down a little. As I said right in the beginning, Firefly's posts bring out the worst in me :).

Whoa, thank you urchin. I think it's time for me to take a break and cool down a little. As I said right in the beginning, Firefly's posts bring out the worst in me :).

I can relate to that.

I have never physically met an immigrant who has made my life any less enjoyable in this country.

Except some of that slow driving with the indicator stuck on.

However I'd prefer them over the Australian-born dickhead in the commodore who overtakes you, cuts you off then slams on the breaks to turn left.

I'm going to lock this thread while it is civil. Anyone wants it unlocked, ask me later. Like tomorrow. Everyone needs to step away and have a beer in the meantime.