Like I said elsewhere I've lurked here for a while and posted infrequently on credit crunch.
- male/thirties/self employed in retail/artistic
- I have never owned. I nearly bought five years ago for 250k, then two years ago for 350k. Now the same type of place would be 500k. I remember thinking that houses were cheap in Melbourne five years ago.
- Now I am thinking about buying in rural victoria in a town or maybe even acreage?
- I'm a bit bipolar. Some days I want to put all my savings into gold,(especially after I watch the film The Road or see what the CEOs of banks get paid) other days I want to buy a house and get a big mortgage... Another day move to Berlin...
- I'm a doer. I want to do a big reno on a run down heritage listed house or build a new one.
- I hate banks. I hate greed. I hate the FHBG. I hate right wingers.
- I think that without a black swan event houses might only be down in real terms about 15% in ten years.
- I think there are many bull arguments that make sense and many that don't
- I think there are many bear arguments that make sense and many that don't.
- I'm getting more and more interested in the idea of having 10 acres and "growing my own".
- I go out the country and I just think "why buy 500sqm when you can have 40000! But I have a lot to learn about that kind of lifestyle change so that's partly why I'm here...